[Gameplay] decent main base design on certain maps and commander tips [pictures]

Discussion in 'General' started by Spike, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

I have provided some good main base design on certain maps in the best location's to give people an idea how there base should look and placing walls, turrets and buildings in the right location to deal with apc rushes and base attacks more efficiently. If you have any good pictures of base design please post below.

Please note the base design pictures for all maps hasn't been done yet but i will be adding them when i come across more pictures.

Decent main bases mainly require the commander to set up his main correctly using walls mg turrets and proper building placement after the commander has built his radar and vehicle factory. The commander should always be building and active don't just sit in the cv waiting for something to happen. One other thing a commander should be is very vocal and informative of what is going on around the battlefield as well as being vigilant of potential apc rushes and ninja squads during the game.

and only command if you have a microphone commanders without microphones are not useful and cannot provide there team with direction.

Examples of main bases on various maps

emp_canyon
    NF
    [​IMG]
    BE
    [​IMG]

emp_coast
    NF
    [​IMG]
    BE
    [​IMG]

emp_mvally
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    emp_cyclopean
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    emp_streets of fire
    [​IMG]

emp_fuel
    [​IMG]

emp_arid
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

lol @SoF

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That streets of fire positioning is the result of exploiting.

Neoony likes this.
  4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its a lack of nobuilds ;)

5. Spike

its very easy to get up there you just have to build the rax and spawn in it

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I would be more upset at that streets exploit if it wasn't for the fact that be has the high ground for almost the entire map, and they are still eye level with be on the other side of the bridge. Honestly streets is a rather unbalanced map, that's all there is to say about that.

7. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

I like the BE canyon one, i didn't realise you could fit a VF in the far corner, i usually build the radar there but that's a less secure position. I really dislike the coast ones though. building the VF's on the outside of the corner means they can snipe them from much further away and makes it much easier for them to do so. You lose the VF and its gg, unless the enemy is dumb enough to let you get another one up. The NF one the ML turrets are too close to the edges of the cliff, you don't want to put them right up close like that because a lot of times when firing ranged, HE etc the enemy will miss, but because they're next to a cliff the turrets will take damage anyway. You should place turrets next to cliff to avoid blocking your tanks but you should leave a gap of like 2 turrets between the cliff and the turret. I would also space my turrets out a bit more than whats in your screenshots for the same reason.

nf cyclo one is really weird. Only one barracks there but i guess you can always use the second vf to spawn an apc if that goes down. You should always be able to exit from 2 sides of a repair pad, I screw this up a lot myself. I try to hide my repair pads behind cover as much as possible. With BE all you need are walls for this, but NF walls don't quite cover it. I like to hide mine in the inside corner of the base towards to middle of the map. That way the enemy needs to get very close to the assault any tanks. having repair pads in the cyclo screenshot position means I've got nowhere to go if an enemy tank is chasing me from the north. while i'm in the rep pad i can still get sniped by ranged cannons etc. I might prefer to just try and get in cover and repair myself rather than risking going for that repair station.

Even though the SOF one is an exploit, I probably wouldn't use it even if it was allowed. Your radar and barracks are so easy to snipe from the bridge, its just a waste of resources. The Traditional SOF base is very easy to hold and has good cover, I think that base in the screenshot is much worse.

Overall key ideas are there, like doing you best to make sure an enemy APC cant rush into the back of your base by using walls or buildings and making sure there are plenty of mgs around your base (with good coverage).

Ok, well an experienced player with no mic is better than any random new player that doesn't know what their doing. It doesn't mean you cant give your team direction. It just means you're much less likely to be listened to and will be given an enormous amount of abuse from people who don't know what they're talking about. Literally every day there is some random 13 year old new player telling me how to command.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  8. Lazybum

I really like the nf repair pads. Sure they are easier to hit but because one side is effectively a wall I always place them so the wall faces where enemies will shoot, so tanks getting repaired can get repaired safely.

Yeah it's easier to snipe the buildings from that streets location, but infantry can't run around it killing engys and doing more direct damage(scout sabs, mines). Also, it's not on the low ground so nf has an easier time shooting be, unlike on the low ground where be has more protection. Not saying I support using it, but it is honestly a better position to hold.

The only thing I have to offer for base building is a tip I got from predator, which was positioning your mg turrets to shoot into buildings, like next to the side doors on nf vf.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I didn't say it required pro skills, that's not what exploiting means.

10. Lazybum

Oh yeah, why the hate on complete? Complete is 10/10 comm, drops me armories when I need them.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

i transcend microphones

Minato likes this.
  12. Spike

The one off cyclopean is quite outdated i do them quite differently at the moment. I really must get a better base picture for that one

13. Spike

Updated the cyclopean one not the turrets on top of the ladders to prevent infantry from getting up there. I would mainly place the ML turrets on the battlements because its harder to take them out but for some reason you cant with BE ml's.