Game mode suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BigTeef, May 28, 2017.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I call it "Casual mode"
    You remove tickets in this gamemode and put down a timer, after lotted amount of time sudden death happens.
    Basically just makes spawning unlimited and provide some relief for games where maps boil down to tickets.

Guaranteed shorter matches, easier on new players to learn so they can spawn all they want without dragging the team down with them. Arguably the best way to teach newplayers is let them explore and coach on the side, but its hard to do that when there are consequences on spawning. This could be put on the newbie friendly server while the other servers remain "Hardcore".

Though it will give people some bad habits on constantly spawning when they try other servers but the goal is to get them as much raw experience as possible. It's an idea so we don't to balance the game with new players in mind. Sort of just gives them a mode to play in and learn the game before moving on to pugs and scrims.

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

We don't have a population to support this I don't think. Why do I say this? Because we will get people who are upset when it goes to everyone on a casual mode server...

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

[​IMG]

If you are going to use my own argument against me, at-least post the whole thing in a quote.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You can sort of do this server-side by:

Copying and renaming the map file to <mapname>_casual.bsp
    Copying and renaming the resource file to <mapname>_casual.txt
    Copying/creating and renaming the config file to <mapname>_casual.cfg
    In that file, include:
    emp_sv_reinforcement_multiplier_be 10
    emp_sv_reinforcement_multiplier_nf 10
    mp_timelimit <whatever>

That will make the tickets start counting down after <whatever> minutes pass and when they reach 0, the sudden death countdown will start, which is modifiable by emp_sv_suddendeath_countdown, although I don't know how it works exactly.