Game is Currently Unavailable

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kenshiro, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

You can't verify the Empires install. Steam only supports that for steam games. You need to verify the Source SDK Base application, as this is what Empires runs off of. You might also try verifying all other Source games that you own.

3. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

I validated all the games I own, including the Source SDK tool. Still same problem.
    EDIT: Ok now TF2 and HL2 Deathmatch have the same problem. What gives??

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  4. arklansman

arklansman Member

Delete clientregistry.blob in your steam folder.

5. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Did it before and did it again; doesn't work.

6. Mr.Scout

Mr.Scout Member

Getting the same problem since y'day myself....Tried reinstalling empires and the sdk base and forcing it to update...It doesnt make any sense, no devs can shed some light on this situation? or is it gonna come down to installing the whole steam from scratch?

7. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

I also updated my router's firmware and that didn't work. I wouldn't reinstall all of steam unless you have proper backups... Still I don't think it would help much.

8. thaile

thaile Member

9. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Yea, if you cared to look, I mentioned in the first post that link and have gone through every method listed (and more) but to no avail.

10. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If all of your Steam games are having the same problem, then you should contact Steam support since it's not a problem specifically related to Empires.

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Reinstall steam perhaps? If you do - move the folders with all your games somewhere safe, then uninstall, reinstall, move folders back (uninstalling removes all game data - great huh? That's why I just symlink my game data to a different drive in Vista.)

12. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Well as I suspected, the problem went away by itself. Then Empires had this platform error and I fixed that.

13. Mr.Scout

Mr.Scout Member

I found a fix for mine aswell, as weird as it is I ran a defrag a few nights ago the day before it stopped working, so i went off and got disk keeper demo and it couldnt even analyze the drive w.o a scandisk, so i ran one and it fixed a whole load of steam files, windows defrag had dont something very weird with the files, and diskkeep fixed it all up...So if anyone else has this prob try running an error checking....

14. zergl

zergl Member

Windows defrag is pretty much the crappiest system utility that comes with Windows.
    Get a real defrag program like O&O Defrag. Awesomeness, imo.

Also, if you're srs with defragmenting, try out GCFScape for defragmenting your Steam GCF cache files. Valve seems to have bought the same defrag engine as MS.

15. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

Hey guys, I had exactly the same problem a while ago and the solution was as simple as stupid. Sometimes you will get this message when trying to launch a game by double-clicking on it, but when you use the "Launch" button or right-click and choose launch, it'll work. Dunno why.