Fun projects

Discussion in 'Art' started by Coffeeburrito, Apr 24, 2009.

1. chrono

chrono Member

didnt want anyone changing them? sounds like a lunatic or something.

like "THIS IS MINE!!!"

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

all i could say would disencourage this influx of activity, so apart from this - admittedly redundant - sentence i wont comment any further.

3. chrono

chrono Member

maybe also you could use the ladder to go up

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

as far as I know... model ladders don't work unless the map says THIS IS A LADDER. we have a water tower model that has a ladder on it but, it doesn't work unless a mapper tells the map its a ladder and the engine lets you climb it. I have no clue if that can be done dynamically when a ladder is spawned.

5. chrono

chrono Member

this engine sucks

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I feel like you code It in so that it works but I have no idea how coding works.

7. chrono

chrono Member

coding is easy! its like reading a matrix monitor that diplays neo fighting morphius

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I would just like to point out that I don't think the ladders should be climbable. It would be too easy for some one to start spawn camping in the barracks. I just meant something to fill in all the empty space.(and to give a reason for the nf barracks being so damn tall.)

9. chrono

chrono Member

a built in indestructible turret in the upper deck would solve the problem. that way these bernodi will think twice

but... this whole developement ideas thing is called off...not my fault

10. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Don't mean to be an asshole (well just a little) but you have defiantly picked the wrong time to try and "enhance" things on this mod. Have you been on last few weeks? Empty servers on weekends when it the only time they usually get more than 5 people online. Everyone has heard this bitching from me before but there is a point to this. If you REALLY want to make a difference to the mod, it's not playing around with models, it's advertising the mod. Spread the word. Get people to try it out. What is the point of re-doing models for a game that only 5 people play per week? Forgive me all for being real up in here, but it just seems very silly for you guys to be discussing "enhancements" when you don't even play the game any more or realize how dead it is. If you want to help, re-animate the corpse instead of mutilating it.

11. chrono

chrono Member

all your long paragraph can be summerized that you didnt read the end of my last post.

but besides that, i think you are correct. bananas ARE delicious

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  12. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You told me you were going to do the Engineer character model and add a backpack to him. And fix the barrack and that would take one minute.

Why are you spending your time discussing it with the people here? They're full of cynicism, just do what told you would do, post it and show screenshots of it and people might take you more seriously. :)

13. chrono

chrono Member

i said - not my fault.
    i was going to. its not up to me and will not change. something about developers weirdness

14. LordDz_2

Pick the model and make it.
    Here's a few links to get you started:
    Modeling for Empires
    Decompiling Empires models

The "weirdness" is that the developers currently doesn't have much time to offer on Empires developing as most of them are busy with real-life (University, Studies, etc, yadayadaya")
    And Freak, a way to get old and new players back is to release an update. Be it small things, but people will "oh, an update I'll check this old gem out".

15. chrono

chrono Member

that what i planned to do, but you gave me some shit about going to devs and taling to them. well, i talked to you via chat, couldnt you have just then pointed me to those links that i wasnt aware of?

you are inocent then. theres much about approaches and way to tal to people. i have no problem with people who have no time and busy, and not really need you to explain it for me

16. LordDz_2

I do now. :)
    Get to work!

17. chrono

chrono Member

heres your damn barracks.
    im not sure however if this extracted model, is...well. the floor is missin. so i dont know if its a ingame thing, or the program for model extraction didnt do a good job. if floor missing maybe something else is missing

Attached Files:

18. LordDz_2

Good work.

19. chrono

chrono Member

no, it only took a second.
    theres a texture adjusment thing which i...dont really into that.

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The NF barracks should have been fixed by having two spawners up top so you can never kill the ones up top unless you toss nades or mortar.