Fun projects

Discussion in 'Art' started by Coffeeburrito, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

that rock RULES

2. SteyrKat

SteyrKat Member

3. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

To a everyday person, those don't look real but i've seen some rocks like that in the Utah desert

4. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

i like teh rockz

5. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Jackman's rocks are badass. He should change his name to Rockman.

$0.02

6. Jackman

Jackman Member

7. V3N0M

V3N0M Member

I've been up all night trying to model a coca plant (which could work both as scenery and as a resource marker.) It's currently 344 polys. I'll try making a texture after I get some sleep

8. chrono

chrono Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  9. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

10. chrono

chrono Member

11. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

That article is relatively old (early 2010), and that barracks concept is something somebody proposed at one point to help alleviate the imbalance between the BE and NF raxes.

12. Empty

Empty Member

nf rax isn't really a huge problem any more since rocket sniping got nerfed.

It's still bad don't get me wrong but it's not like *every* brenodi grenadier on the map can destroy your base from any distance any more.

13. chrono

chrono Member

oh. then it isnt a problem.
    may i ask how was it solved? is a tank and a renedier's rockets/regular cannons have range limit now?...or?

and also, even if it isnt a problem, is it, generally, still desired to make the concept picture in the wiki into practice?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  14. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

RPGs do 25% of their full damage to buildings and cannons destroy both types of barracks equally as well.

15. chrono

chrono Member

can you tell me what else the list in the fun wiki not relevant anymore?
    bushes? rocks? whatever.
    also, the 25% precent damage is for distance, right? they havent been degrade for close range to?

also, since NF tanks have rocet launchers more than BE, how about adding rocket launchers to the model?

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What Destroyer meant was buildings flat out resist 75% of missile damage.
    Though looking at scripts:

it is actually more than 75%. rpgs only do like 6.5 damage.(38 missiles oh wow.)

And yeah, I always thought it would be cool if NF tanks had ML models on them.

Actually it would be totally rad if the tank models changed a little depending what weapons it had on it. But that requires a lot of effort.

Edit:as a comparison:
    Vehicle weapons don't actually suffer the same as infantry weapons. To be fair though, vehicles do half as much damage as a infantry weapon. Then again the fire twice as fast so...

17. chrono

chrono Member

well, how would it require alot of effort? except for finding a texture for it?
    it just adding them...if someone can give me the NF tank i can try modelling them.
    i also thought of getting some objects into the NF barracks, since it totally empty. i thought about have two table and chairs, at each side, each equpiied in NF HQ style. things like radio, and a map, (and what else you think should be there?)
    also, again, is the rpg and cannons decrease in damage only from distance, or just generally?

18. Lazybum

I'm pretty sure generally(disregarding things with splash damage)I'm also sure damage falloff is in each weapon's specific script file. Rpgs and mortars do not have falloff however. Only thing that does is weapons that use bullets, like vehicle mgs and infantry weapons. Though that isn't to say something isn't hard coded. In which case some one like trickster or candles will have to answer.

Edit: Fair warning about adding things to nf barracks. There isn't a lot of space in there, and restricting player movement isn't a great idea. I always though it would be nice to have ladders on the sides and hammock like things on the inside of the building. Like a sea ship or something.

19. chrono

chrono Member

i wouldnt add it in a away that would restrict moving. i checked in game and it can fit some neat things.
    a ladder is a good idea too.
    how about also adding ammunition/rifles at the walls?
    i thought also about adding planks in the outside of it. - ?

20. Lazybum

Sounds neat. Something I kinda remember though is that I don't think anyone has the original models to work on. Or was it Mengel or duke (I don't know who created the buildings.) didn't want anyone changing them?<--I am probably wrong about this one. Somebody else needs to answer that.