"Flying the aircraft will be difficult"?????

Discussion in 'General' started by FocusedWolf, Oct 5, 2008.

1. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

Was just reading over here: http://wiki.empiresmod.com/index.php?title=Aircraft

"Flying the aircraft will be difficult, and only intensive training will make you a skillful pilot."

So not only is getting a kill going to be difficult... but their will be a pre-flight checklist where the first step is pumping gas with your "e" key, and then loading it with weapons... more quality "e" key time... ya

I think that needs some reworking... or re-wording lol

I mean it makes aircraft sound like a risky investment that will always loose the game... and then their will be the engineer made missle launchers and machine guns which will have no difficulty at all killing you in the air ... so one engineer with a calculator will be able to disrupt an entire teams airborne attempts with heat seaking missles.

Will scouts be getting rocket launchers so they can be useful when we loose the scout rifle? :P

And lastly... i sure hope aircraft are WASD+Mouse friendly cause last time i used a joystick was back when computers had com ports... so ya lol

2. Demented

Demented Member

Training? Probably world of warcraft style...
    "Increase your piloting skill to level 1 by collecting 300 aircraft parts. Aircraft factories have a 2% chance of dropping an aircraft part when destroyed."

3. darktimes

darktimes Member

lol

1. you dont need to press e to rearm. never were on a repair pad? you build the plane, you fly and kill something, then come back to helipad and rearm in 30-50 seconds.
    2. i agree whit wasd + mouse friendlines. DEAD TO JOYSTICKS!
    3. training: lol. in every game ever made a aircraft need more training as a tank. its easy to understand that. just look at bf1942 and bombing there

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

only the aircraft wont fly like in BF1942..

5. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

Ya lol.

Ok i got another question... how fast will aircraft fly? like in warhawk they fly really slow mostly... well they can hover which is fun to cause it helps you cover a tank jeep assault from 20 ft in the air..like when they stop. ok in warhawk the jeeps have horns and machinegun and everything feels like WW2 with A10 warthogs... but a jeep assault makes sense in that game lol

6. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

I don't think the devs have made a decision on any of the items discussed in this thread.
    Also, "flying will be difficult" refers, I believe, to the aircraft flying more like an actual Flight Sim than BF1942.

7. darktimes

darktimes Member

do tanks in empires act more like a tank sim as other games? no. i just wanted to point out that flying in games is commonly difficult in comparision to tank battles.

bombing in bf1942 is hard and need practise. flying and dont crash into things is difficult.

PS: all aircrafts in empires are VTOLs. I.E. have the ability to hower.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think FocusedWolf would play this mod more if he had a button at his disposal that just said "explode enemy comm", because currently, it's like WAAAIIII TOO HARDDDDD

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

There will be skill testing questions when you want to do something in the plane. Right now turning left requires you to divide by 0.

10. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

Which unit does Boltzmann's constant need to be? i don't like the eV one :P

11. Theoriginalbman

Theoriginalbman Member

Lets see pre-flight check list
    engine run-up
    ohh all movements are in controlled airspace and must be cleared by ATC following proper radio protocol.

12. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

Ok it's settled then... we need two commanders... one in charge of ground-rt building and the other in charge of air-rt building.

Ofcourse their's no point in landing because we'll have in-air-refueling-blimps.

The Iron Vulture fits incredibly well into this game lol

[​IMG]

We need a third Team/"Empire" aswell... the air pirates :P

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

n/c ,seriously...

And dont really expect aircraft like anytime soon , .

14. o_O

o_O Member

omg aircraft are unbalanced even though they wont exist for a long time... I dont think we are really going to learn much about aircraft until the dev team starts implementing them.

15. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Joysticks ;)

16. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

SLAP.

Bad recon. BAD.

17. Jäger

Jäger Member

w for speed up
    s for slow down
    a lean left
    d lean right
    plane follows crosshair for overall movement but like within limits so you cant just have a wobble plane of ultimate doom. but basicly wanna move right move your mouse to the right. wanna move left move your mouse to the left. up? mouse up down? mouse down. basicly it sticks with what empires does already and that is when your in a vehicle your mouse controlls the gun posistion but since guns on a fighter for instance can only shoot where the plane faces the mouse has to contol the plane

or you can simplify it and just have w speed up s slow down a left d right but when you turn your plane leans like a plane actually does when it turns.

18. Demented

Demented Member

The aircraft release of Empires will also only be released on the Xbox 360.

19. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Can't the system be like flying tanks? Basically planes without yaw. And then just add two more buttons to adjust height and KAPOW.

20. Avneet

Avneet Member

Then it's too easy and we will see too man noobs in the sky :[

Make it take at least some skill to fly that way only people woh will do good with them will want to take the time to learn. Then it will be pros in sky instead of noobs who keep dying and wasting res on more planes.

Or let commander lock planes to people he chooses so it wont happen like that =P