Flag Poles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Commander Z, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Commander Z

Commander Z Member

How about the commander gets to have the option of dropping a tall flag pole that displays the team's flag? The advantage in that would be a boost in morale where any soldier fighting within the radius of the flag would get x increase in damage or perhaps a low health regen rate? This would ensure the defending team gets a little more of an advantage. Do you think this is a good idea?

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

3. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Yeah, but only health-regen. No damage increase.

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Could make people do teamwork a tiny bit more ^^ , but also make them camp, good idea thought.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What if he dropped a capture point flag (not spawn point)

I can't even think of the limitations of that on gameplay.

6. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

What about making it something like the 'dig in' skill, and have half the damage go to your stamina, first? I would also have the CV work the same way as the flag, only with twice the radius, to give it a better chance if attacked when friendlies are around.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

About this Dig skill.. Does it apply only when I crouch or also when I go prone? Haven't really tested it yet..

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Don Megel has "IMPLEMENT COMMANDER FLAGS" in his siganture I belive; short to say this was already suggested and taken well :)

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yeah, it's also to be an alternative/addition to the little hexagon that tells you where to go. I don't know if they ever decided if they wanted the area boosts or not.

10. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Yeah, if you want someone to go somewhere, you gotta give them incentive other than "WE WILL LOSE IF YOU DONT".

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

yep example, cyclopean whole team battles in the city 2 guys and me defending north alone, than suddenly about 4 afv and a apc rushes north. I spawn the chat with "help north" "omg we loose north" like 5 minutes and no reaction the whole team camps city and we loose north.

If you want someone to recocnize your wishes you have (in empires) to rip his head of scream the message directly into his brain, glue the head back on the neck and throw him to the place you want him, beat him nearly to death and even than you have a chance of 95% that he doesnt understand what you want and asks for ammo.

Not that im superior and aware of everything on the map, if seen enough game s in which i look at the minimap and "omg we had nearly the whole map and whats happened?"

So if theres some gift for the willing like better statts for some time or something similar, like the cookie for a dog that does a nice trick ^^...

ok enough said i like the idea :)

12. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Hmnmmmm.....How about if squad leaders have 'plant flag' ability, which doubles aura effect and range, and lasts as long as squad leader is alive and within range of the flag. You could also have a related 'battle cry' ability, which halves stamina loss, doubles aura effect and range, works on any team member in range (non-squad member get regular aura effect), and lasts as long as squad leader is alive, is using stamina, and has stamina left.

That way, you have good options whether you need to dig in, or charge.

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Riflemen squad leaders already have a 'battle cry' ability, and it's worthless.

14. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

<AHEM>
    Perhaps you hadn't read that. I am not talking about an existing skill, but a whole new one that effects the squad leader's aura. I don't know about you, but having 40% additional accuracy or doing 20% more damage as I charge into an enemy base sounds pretty damned worthwhile to me!

15. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I have read it, I was part of the testing group. I was thinking of the squad power "Charge!: Squad members have no stamina drain for thirty seconds."

What I didn't read was your post. Boosting of aura powers would be useful, about as useful as half the current skills out there.