Filming for Empires Trailer

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kidpaler, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Time Zone:
    Click me for the time the event begins in YOUR time zone!
    I realize filming heads up is only one day, but that is because we tried to film today and Destroyer's game crashed and he lost the recording.

What we are doing:
    We will be filming for the Empires 2.11 trailer. This trailer will be put on Steam in an attempt to get people to actually download this game instead of looking at some lame pictures that hardly describe the game. This trailer will be grand, have custom new music, and showcase what Empires is truly about.

What you need to do:
    Show up. Really. That is all. You don't have to do anything or have any idea of what is going on as we will direct you to what we will be doing by telling you where to stand, point your gun, or drive a vehicle. Explanation of what is going on will be given before filming.

Please show up! We need at least 5v5 to get the footage, at a minimum, but more would be better. We can do so much with more and make the trailer even better.

2. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I am going in on the "action". I kind of want to be the soldier that dies to everything in some scenes.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ew, setting up footage like that. A good trailer for empires really just needs one guy recording stuff from a pug or something. Bonus if we can get squad chatter recorded from teamspeak or something, ingame is obviously too terrible sounding. Empires if you take a minute to watch it from a certain angle is very cinematic, it's just we are waaaaay to into it to notice it while playing. Or you just have lots of people lol-ing it up on voice comms.

But who wants to just sit there and record empires? Good matches are hard to come by so of course everyone rather just play, unless you are trickster. So I hope you get that flavor of "real" instead of that flavor of "fake". It's hard but even good pastries can come from I Can't Believe It's Not Butter™.

I would have actually attended if I didn't have things going on, but I got some work to do.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

We are using footage from the PUGS as well, but for certain scenes it has to be scripted. This is specifically for the class showcase part where we will be mimicing the old trailer only in a newer, more exciting way, like you see in this trailer where it shows off the 4 different infantry classes. Otherwise, combat footage will be from PUG's and other misc videos people have.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ah that's cool to hear. Also been forever since I saw that trailer, every time I see old things I wonder why things get removed, like how duststorm had an actual dust storm effect going.

Kidpaler likes this.
  6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yep.... I always wondered that as well. Now it should be called emp_desert.

We will also probably do a scene with arty like in that video, otherwise combat is from PUG's, which if ANyone has a demo recording, let me know.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

*cough * *cough*

You can't deny that's a classic ass fuck trailer.

"Oh it's fake" is really not the first thing that people came up with.

Oh and Trump, I know we are a not a pure-FPS but honestly I would like to see something like this.

I am not saying we need all the impossibly hard video work 'n shit.
    But our little fight was a little...plain, if you ask me.
    It has a tense beginning, but then the tension falls off real quick, I can imagine that in Destroyer's prospective.

We can extend our script a little longer with a short pre-story, mid-fight(what we had), and a similar "WHO'S GONNA WIN?" case in the end.
    I mean if we wanna fake it, we fake it perfectly.

I think that's gonna work out well.

8. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I agree, however, this is just a small part of the trailer. This is just showing off the different classes we have, not suppose to be a trailer in and of itself. We can add something though, or if we could get our hands on a demo recording from multiple peoples perspectives in a 15v15, that would also work well.

The end goal I believe is to have 3 trailers. 1 for gameplay, 1 for tanks (?), then some sort of story trailer... Maybe one for comm as well, though that could probably go in tanks.

If you can think of something for the other trailer tomorrow, like a trailer in and of itself, then I think we can shoot that as well if we have the people. First is the gameplay one and the scenes we need are:

1. The APC fight scene
    2. Artillery hammering a base after a scout spotting it

Rest can be gotten through gameplay.

Also, we will probably have new custom music made for this trailer thanks to Assquatch.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Thanks for all who showed up, we got a lot of good videos and will hopefully have a good trailer.