eternal silence this saturday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ^Dee^, Sep 20, 2006.

1. john_sheu

john_sheu Member

Not as bad as it could be. To be honest, I haven't tried your mod either. It's called a coder's dedication, I guess :p

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

So you, I gather, are Eternal Silence's Krenzo?

Hat's off to you, good sir.

3. john_sheu

john_sheu Member

Ouch. Good thing there's unbreakable glass between you and the... bedlam then...

4. john_sheu

john_sheu Member

Not Krenzo, per se... more like a Mini-Me version. (I'm not leader coder).

5. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Ah. Well, then, I merely tip my hat to you.

What were you responsible for, exactly?

6. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

About dogfights: During the time I wasn't rubberbanding so badly I took my skills learned in Descent into use. I missed half of the time with the cannons/lasers due to the rubbery effect, but I managed to get some really sweet dogfights going. :p At one time I was faced with three NGM ships(well the it's the same ship, but I was playing UTF at that time). I managed to damage all three of them below 30% in a dogfight that lasted for several minutes. I had already taken some damage prior to that from a missile hit so I guess it's a relatively good archievement. I play from the keyboard btw, never had the extra € for a joystick.

Here are some things I'd like to see fixed/changed(I already complained about some stuff earlier :D):
    -When you get hit in a space fight most of the time you don't even notice it, since there's almost no indication that you're being shot in the arse. I got killed more than once because I didn't notice that I was being shot at. :D
    -The turrets should stay dead for a while longer. It's annoying to start all over again when you've just cleaned half of the turrets off. 20-30 secs could be better than this ~3sec you have now.

John Sheu: I'm sure you'll get these lag issues sorted out and make this into a hell of a good mod. :) I'm waiting to see some new scenarios in the near future.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Man, if you've got decent enemies in space, you can't even get out of your hangar. They just rocket snipe you in three seconds. I feel like I'm playing half of a beta :p

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

You can dodge missiles. Just make a rapid change of direction just before you get hit and you don't have to worry about those two missiles anymore. :p Lag tends to negate this at times though. :(

9. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

I really liked the mod (and I saw beerdude getting fried :D).

Foot combat, however, needs quite alot of work... the only 'effective' guns that I saw were the MG and the flamethrower...

I'd give it about 7/10

10. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I keep calling the sides BE and NF =(

11. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

Well, I have to admit, the 'red' team does seem very similar to NF...
    ¬.¬
    CONSPIRACY

12. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

ill give it a 5/10 for reasons already said. i feel like booting it up, but than i remember the lag. once thats fixed, i will probably play some more.

13. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

It is good in the sence that you can load it up, and get instant action. But it is hard/boring to play for extended periods of time.

14. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Me: DO A BARREL ROLL
    Me: THERE'S SNAKES ON THE FUCKING COCKPIT
    Me: OOH A FLAMETHROWER *burns self to death*

Have i actually tried to play the game seriously? No. there's at least 20 binds for aircrafts. If the aircraft controls were, i don't know, a bit simpler, i would be playing it more often.

I hope there's gonna be infantry maps, :D.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

hmm its pretty straight forward if you ask me, pitch, turn, roll. choose a target, aim, shoot.

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

omg... I played it and cried the whole time. People were just dicking around. I know I did at first too but, it seemed like the whole time... the red team... everyone would just hang out in the hanger waiting for a blue ship to "try" to land. I would get to the blue base and take over a spot and yell out for more help and sit there for a good 5-10 mins and nothing. I even used my mic and they said they could hear me.

/sigh

anyways... It seems like a good mod. I do like the hacking part. I always play hacker... lol. I would love to be able to take over sub systems too... not just the main ones. Like external turrets or something. Make them shoot my enemies ships instead of us. lol.

Even where there is no lag... the troop fighting is rather bland. I like the wide aray of different guns... but they need to be tweaked quite a bit. AND FOR GOD SAKES PUT THAT DAMN MEDIC IN! Nothing worse then running around the place for 10 mins with 5 hp to get poped by a blue guy coming around the courner in your base. ohh and the picking up other ppls weapon idea is great. Kenzo I say you should impliment that too... lol with some downsides ofc.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  17. dizzyone

like you should be able to pickup their guns but not change into their role, and let for instance engineers have higher recoil with an ar and lower range with the mortar. Wouldnt mind seeing it just for the added 'realism' and fun. But I also see it detract from the serious teamplay aspect empires currently has.

18. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Perhaps the BF style thing then? That you change class when you pick up the other guys stuff you just killed.

Oh about the Source SDK Base:
    So it seems that every one with Steam can play Source mods for free in the future...

19. dizzyone

ES works like this aswell, but I think for a game based around military units this would be a bit ridiculous, someone who has been trained and specialized in assault rifles or heavy weapons should not be able to pick up a wrench and fix a tank engine, or atleast not in the same speed and efficiency an engineer could

20. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Could be due to the bug that prevents NGM ships from spawning so they have no choice but to camp :P