ESG #1: Did you have have fun happy times?

Discussion in 'General' started by John Shandy`, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Do I count as a clanner?
    I'm technically still in MAD.

2. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Just because I live in California. Bitches. Lone Wolf FTW.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Come on pwned, we'll make our own clan, and it'll have hookers n shit.

4. o_O

o_O Member

Empty and Shandy and probly a couple others are one man clans.

Also, we should totally do the 2v2 clan match. We will max out viper or nachos or something and have the biggest, most staxed multi clan match ever. Or maybe a euro one and an American one because otherwise half the people are going to have 200 ping before the server lag starts.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Clan stacking doesn't really matter when everyone playing knows how to play. It's just when one team has all the skill and the other is filled with noobs is it a problem.

6. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Most people don't start playing at 3AM or 3PM (not sure if you were talking AM or PM) on a Saturday.

Last time I discussed it with Trickster, he was pretty adamant that he wasn't interested in setting one up for EU players.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  7. Empty

Empty Member

We come with our own inter-clan and inner-clan drama too.
    SHUT UP EMPTY UR A FAG
    God dammit don't make me come back there!

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

First off, I didn't notice clanners on only one side, after the first game ended when I joined a bit late and helped BE take canyon, I made sure to look at the teams next round, I saw a Jipple / epic mix on the other team so I was confident it would be a challenging match. I thought the Jipple stax would be sufficient, sorry Heretic I did not notice a decrease in Jipple potency, although to be fair, I hadn't noticed anything recently to indicate they were still potent either -_-. Just hadn't occured to me.

@Trickster, yea, right, working on it. I want a rematch, although any rules you want set should be outlined before hand. None of this your clan accusing me of cheating because I switched out for scout speed legit in the comm, since it's used in every damn pub game now I thought it was acceptable. Nevermind that all and everything else, we already discussed those games you and I, I don't consider it a loss, I had to leave early and as far as I'm concerned that was the reason behind the superficial outcome, which was caused by over an hour of interference from PCwhatever-the-fuck, you already admitted you were cornered. Sorry if that leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, the feeling is mutual, so sit tight for the mvalley match. As for the next date, when FN gets unbanned and comes back, I'll talk to him, things are on hold because he isn't around atm and I feel he deserves to be around for this.

@Recon As for setting up a time... I'm sorry, the PUG matches, which contained both EU and US players, occured in the afternoon for California players, and that worked just damn fine for an insane turnout. If EPIC and Trickster aren't interested in that time, that is their problem, they don't represent all EU players. Mid-late afternoon in California is somewhere between 11PM and 1AM starting time for EU. If you can make it at 7PM or 9PM, yea, you can make it at 2PM, you definitely aren't going out partying or anything. There really is no arguement for why this doesn't work, its been proven. in anycase I AM going out partying and sleeping elsewhere on Saturday, so I won't make the next ESG at 4AM, thanks for moving up the time though. I don't believe the crap that US players willl play at 7PM and not 2-3PM.

Finally, it seemed like there *were* noobs on a team in each, and there were bad commanders. I don't know why people believed a plasma rush would work on a legit comm with experienced members, but if there are people who don't know how / can't play the game in the ESG, then the teams will be by definition unfair somehow, because you are going to have a *serious* influx of knowledgable players and chances are that one team will end up with almost no newbies on it, so the playing pool needs to be pure veteran. I don't see why there weren't two good commanders voted in every game, you have enough to choose from. One game between me and Turtle ended up interesting but basically came down to one team getting mowed down, and this need to be fixed.

As for BSID EPIC CW and Jipple matchups, if the Jipples are going to claim relative impotency and most of the CWs are mediocre (you got some good ones though), I wouldn't expect them to factor in much. However I don't believe that, I'm fine with the few members of EPIC that find themselves epic enough to be up later than 1AM along with JPL vs. BSID, that sounds fine., I'll even switch to the EPIC Jipple side and let another BSID comm and direct the BSID side, should be good practice.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

if in one game it is so one-sided as to be absurd to both teams, game immediately following has almost the exact same team makeup, i'm going to get the fuck out of there. I wasted too much time dealing with drama from the pug; i'm not going to deal with it here.

10. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I'm organizing the ESG, and I don't play in the middle of the afternoon on a weekend, since I have other things to do during the day. I imagine the same is true for other US players.

The second round was most certainly not the same team makeup; the teams were a lot more balanced.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

Sorry we don't want you on our side, that's the main reason we're organising this.

Also, a win is a win. I don't see why we can't accuse you of cheating anyway if EPIC won both rounds. Every other clan knows scout speed is an exploit in scrims...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  12. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Really? So when I have 9 weeks of internet failure, and I come back, and have about 4-5 days to play and learn 2.24 before an EPIC scrim, what do I see? Scout speed... scout speed... scout speed... This is the main difference between 2.24 and 2.23 as far as I could tell. Hell, I had hardly the time to learn the tech tree rebalances (which I didn't), thats why I didn't want to comm.

I read the rules that were written during the scrim organization, I abided by all of them. If you want a new *feature* of the new version of the game to be essentially off limits, you gotta say so. And yes, in 2.24 it is implemented as a *feature*, the speed is intentionally given it isn't some coding error or oversight. I wouldn't have any problem playing with or without it, but if you want the game to be without it, then write it down. And before you accuse me of cheating, some of the same bullshit unwritten rules were ignored by EPIC members in the PUG, and they felt completely justified in their position. no scout speed? No problem, but if you want it to be cheating, you need to point me to the rule I broke, and you can't. It's that simple.

LOL CLAN DRAMA RAAEG.

This? if this is the ESG, seems like Trickster sort of officially backed EPIC entirely out of the running with it, stating that you guys wouldn't be able to make it as a reason.

If this is the scrim between BSID and EPIC.... Lol of course I wouldn't be on your team, what is the point in saying that?

I'm not here to stand on clan pride ceremony and partake in some feces throwing contest. I'm more interested in the scrim happening, and with a lack of external interference and stupid spats about unwritten rules. so, please, write anything you want down next time, and we won't have these problems.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I posted in your thread on your old forums about scout speed before the scrim. I told Thor (who played) repeatedly.

If your clan leader can't even relay that what you were doing was a cheat in a scrim, then don't blame me, I made the information perfectly accessible.

It IS an exploit. It IS a bug.
    Why? As I outlined:

When you take scout speed, it uses values from the CHASSIS script of the command vehicle rather than the vehicle_engines script. That chassis script isn't used for speeds since you could get more than 1 engine now, so it's defunct. But the old high speed is in there. So the moment you take scout speed, you instantly jump from 35 to 60 speed. Get out of the CV? Well then it removes the 10%, which brings it down to 50. Which is still considerably faster than 35, which, with the 10% increase, should be (rounded) about 39. And 39 is considerably slower than 60.

That is why it's fixed in 2.25 or your SVN, which, seeing as you are a playtester, you can check for yourself.

And I think Deif was referring to my proposition of EPIC vs all type thing. Not ESG or EPIC vs BSID scrim.

I didn't back EPIC out of the ESG, I just said the timezone is off for us tbh.

I mean, even the East coasters were having to start playing at midnight. The best turnout is usually at 9pm GMT, when you got euros playing as late as 11pm for some of them, and West coasters playing at 1pm for them. Which they DO play at. Maybe 10pm would work at a push.

Also, what PUG? If you mean the old Evan pug, I don't think scout speed was used by either sides, although FN198 might have discovered it at some point during that. Also, it's pretty much known between clans, or anyone, no exploiting in an organised game. Most of this seems like common sense. You don't scout speed exploit. You don't (which you didn't, but it's the first thing that comes to my mind) spam aircraft factorys to block the enemy CV in. Shit like this should be a given.

14. Deiform

Deiform Member

I meant the EPIC + JPL vs. BSID + CW

Either that or I'm going to stay up till 6am when you're next on the PUG to whip your ass. EDIT: ESG/whatever, they're all the same....

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Dief, the PUG is gone, and if you were paying attention, I have more interesting things to do this next saturday to participate in the ESG. However, for next Saturday, you got it, I'll bring BSID in full force, rile up your EPIC and Jipples, we will see you there ^_^.

About the playtesting, Kane gave me a user and pass but forgot to add my info to the group. I messaged him, everything is fixed this morning, and I can NOW playtest. Also if you had read in the old access request thread, I had lost internet for 9 weeks and when I came back I no longer had playtester credentials and was on a new computer, so i had to re-request them, I did not infact have access to 2.25 until this morning.

Also, I had 4-5 days to play and get familiar with 2.24 before the scrim, and when I played, these things were not considered exploits. I can understand the aircraft factory bug being overlooked because of it's ridiculous team resource cost, but if the scout speed is overlooked in server when it is used in every damn game, how should I know that it is considered a bug? Also, for the record, I was *actually* scout, i didn't do any gay ass exploiting of some latent speed increase.

Now, as for your claim to have posted it, I call bullshit on your meager attempt to deflect your lack of stating this as a rule. The thread on our forums is still up, and these are both pages of it, Dragoon's flip out included. Everything is as it was, this directory is the exact forum as of the day it was taken out of production.

page 1: http://www.binaryapes.com/bsidbackup/index.php?showtopic=5686
    page 2: http://www.binaryapes.com/bsidbackup/index.php?showtopic=5686&st=20

A simple search for the words "scout", "exploit" or "speed" return nothing. So much for your posting.

Just in case you try and claim it was in the previous thread you started, which you later requested to be locked, I will post that as well:

http://www.binaryapes.com/bsidbackup/index.php?showtopic=4964

Nothing.

Finally, I wasn't planning to comm, I wasn't familiar with 2.24 enough to consider myself at all up to par with the game. After the first round however, I was convinced I knew enough about isle at least to do a better job. which I did, until I had to leave.

^_^, so, if you want to claim rules, post them, for everyone to see. I could claim cheating equally because pcwizdick was in your vent, our vent, and fucking up the game for quite some time. Even if that isn't the fault of your clan, it is interference, and the game might as well be nullified by it as your team was definitely given a GROSS unfair advantage. So, if you want to talk cheating, that is definitely a more obvious and defined *implicit organized match protocol* that was broken, and broken in favor of *your* clan.

Finally, again, Dief, bring it. You want to show me up? I welcome the challenge, I'm tired of things being too easy, controllable, predictable and BORING. Make my day, and please come ready to comm, I'm not going to let you off on some bullshit about how your comm went for a plasma rush and thats why you lost ::rolleyes:

16. Deiform

Deiform Member

Coolio, should be there. :) Dw about the comm, should be me.

17. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Sweet! Can't wait (^.^), I'll see you there.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ESG flamefest... Although it sounds like it will be interesting on the weekend of the 4th...

EDIT: Oh shit, lol wait I can't do that. Sorry Dief (^_^). It will have to be the following weekend. I forgot, I'm going to Octoberfest for the entire day of the 3rd (starting at 7am, lol ESG occurs 22 Hours later), estimates on whether I'm awake by the time the ESG occurs is shakey, and sober is a definite no. Sorry about that, but this is my only chance to go to Octoberfest, possibly in a very very long time since I don't know when I will be back in Germany. So lets do this on the 11th, sorry for the confusion -_-, see you then Dief.

18. Deiform

Deiform Member

oki doki

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I remember saying it to Thor at the least, twice, and I'm confused as to why it isn't on those pages. But I'll scour them a bit.
    But it still makes little difference. By that logic, using impulse101 back in 2.12 was fine in a scrim. Just because we fucked about with it on pub servers never made it ok in a scrim. (FYI impulse101 in console gave +25 health. Bind and spam for near invincibility). Should I have had to state with JPL (considering Communism found it, obviously he knew it) that "guys...don't use invincibility cheat" even though the +25 was added as a feature for when sv_cheats is on, but never got to the sv_cheats part.

And how was it unfair just for you guys? He was spamming us demanding buildings in certain areas, and targets, and I spent time trying to find out where the hell it was until I realised it was a troll. About the part where he demanded aircraft.

Anyways, let's finally get back on topic.

So, assuming you all enjoyed it, is there any call for a more european based one? And by that, I mean g4tc main at about 10pm GMT. It would run alongside the other one.

So

20. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member