`eRa - Empires Recruit Academy

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Straevaras, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

I would like to introduce the Empires Recruit Academy (eRa). The concept behind this organization does not follow the traditional concept of a clan, hence the use of Academy in the name.

Here is the essential inspiration and passion behind eRa: Empires over the last several years has constantly been witnessing an influx of brand new players to the game, whether the players are FPS veterans or RTS veterans, or have little experience to multiplayer online play to begin with. I believe it is the consensus in public matches that when your entire team does not know how to work together in their individual squads or has little knowledge of how to play and how to win, it is extensively frustrating to the experienced players in the game. I know this is true for myself.

It is the objective of eRa, then, to recruit players anywhere from completely new to somewhat new to Empires. The Empires Recruit Academy will provide recruits with a clan-like atmosphere and a sense of community. There will be a ranking system similar to that of the United States Army, where there will be enlisted non-commissioned officers and commissioned officers. It is the job of the commissioned officers to provide instruction, encouragement, and discipline (wherever necessary ;) ) to the recruits and enlisted and non-commissioned officers within eRa.

So eRa will strive to instruct and hone its recruits skills and knowledge of Empires, making these players more valuable to the game of Empires, and hopefully providing at least more challenging public games. The aspect of eRa that makes it deviate from the traditional clan is that it does not expect to hold on to its members. As our members grow and become better and more valuable players, eRa expects and hopes for them to either find membership or receive invites from other clans, join the cause of eRa as a commissioned officer, or just go solo if they so desire.

With this, I would like to ask support of other Empires clans, and I would also like to ask for help from other experienced players in this idea. I believe it has great merit and much can be achieved out of it.

Following is a link to the website and Steam Group

http://www.empires-academy.com/
    http://forums.empires-academy.com/
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empires_academy/

Regards,
    `eRa - Straevaras | GEN

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. zenarion

zenarion Member

Yes good idea.
    Empires Boot Camp Go!

3. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

Added Empires Group link.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It's only a matter of time before someone compares this to CW.

5. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

6. Drag

Drag Member

There already have been 3 attempts at something like this in my time. All were a horrible waste of everyones time. My only thought about it is, don't bother no matter how good or useful the idea might sound.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

hmm.

is this an extension of the IRA?

8. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

Ha, that question was asked in IRC.

And the answer was no.

9. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

The name should be obvious for players who don't visit the forum it should be something like LEARN (=> eLite Empires Academy Recruiting Network?) or something less stupid. era will be only known by regular forum visitors and that isn't much of the real playerbase.

Make it more obvious and you can count me (and probably a good part of CW in, also visit us in irc if you need hosting or other infrastructure).

I'm only going to say: CW 2 JPL 1 :P
    But I think we might want to continue the flaming in either the jpl or cw thread.

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I attempted this twice, both times failed due to lack of support. I'd love to help with this, I have immense patience for teaching the new players, and while I may only be average at the game, I excel that the theory, the information that is passed on so experience can build on it. I also have hosting available to you for this.

11. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

Me and Ounin cooked up EDU - Empires Draftee University. What do you think?

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I always come back to the good ol' [EMP] tags or some variant tbh. Although eRa is quite cool really...all you need to do is have your people announce themselves on the server.

As long as they're not closemouthed about their tags, and in fact have something like "We're the official Empires Academy, we're here to help." Said a few times during each map or so...it should be more than fine.

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

is that the ratio of CW players to JPL players needed for CW to beat us?

14. communism

communism poof

Nope that was the score
    /cry

Still want that rematch on vendetta! hah

15. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

A website will be rolling in soon, I actually already have the domain established but there's hardly anything it's pointing to. I do have some preliminary forums setup.

http://forums.empires-academy.com

Starting tomorrow I'll be swinging full gear into this. At the moment I have a Signals test, a Robot to build, and Robotics homework due tomorrow, so I'm kinda occupied until then.

To all of those who are interested in helping, please stay posted.

Thanks everyone!

16. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

I got a preliminary website up and the forums are running now. http://www.empires-academy.com

Those who are interested, please post on the forums and pm me wherever. As from the forums:

If you are a brand new player to the game or are still learning, our purpose is aimed at you! The Empires Recruit Academy has been designed to train new players, hone their skills, and let them provide a better challenge and richer experience into the Empires community. If you are a new player and have interest in being a part of eRa, please register on these forums and send me a personal message.

At this time there is no online submission form/application to the Academy.

Additionally, eRa is recruiting experienced players within and outside of clans for help the cause for eRa! If you are interested in helping us out, please send me a personal message on the forums! Members in clans who wish to help eRa out do not need to leave their clans, but will simply be Ambassadors to the clan, aiding in instruction and other workings in the Academy. Experienced players who are not in clans may apply for an Officer position within eRa to help out with the instruction of Enlistees and administration of the Academy.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  17. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Who wants to be the CW ambassador to eRa?

18. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

well i can help this venture from time to time, and i hope when/if this fails you decide to come back to yer lil crazy clan :)

if you have any server needs to host any training exercises,etc let me know and i'm sure i can give you admin (i prolly didnt even remove yours yet actually, lol)

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I nominate Roflcopter Rego ^^

20. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Applying for Instructor or something like that. I don't feel like doing the Ambassador job, but If you need a newbie teacher I'm ready.