EPIC vs. Consortium Rematch

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Deiform, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Zeke

Zeke Banned

no, we learned that BE's infantry camo is perfect for this map.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It doesn't immediately become apparent, but as Zeke said, it has an effect. Me and Con7Con took out your South West barracks, and to do that, we walked past about 3 guys by just sticking to the wall and not shooting them, and not one of them saw us. If it was bare, sure, we'd be obvious. But stick 2 raxes, a bunch of walls and turrets everywhere, explosions and whatnot, and it becomes really difficult to see. It would have been nice if our commander has audibly pointed out specific flankers in the first half, but it's too late now anyway. But I mean, old canyon was the opposite. The cliffs were much lighter, and they were like that all the way to the ground, and it suited NF colours right down to the ground. It certainly had an effect back then, albeit less so than now, simply because the map was lighter.

But as I said, missed opportunities, and they became so unbelievably apparent after that game. It happened the same way it has done in every scrim we nearly lost before this. Fucked up at the start, and spent the entire game too busy to get reorganised, resquadded, redstributed and back on track. Because of this, we just never got into that flow of using squads in wide areas, sending individual people out to do individual tasks, as we usually do. We got rigid, and were never really given a chance to breathe and fix that. Had it been a nice big open map, we could have bought ourselves a minute to fix stuff, but the map went against how we both play, and enjoy Empires, 100% over, and it was a really smart pick for that.

I don't think we can really scrim this Saturday, especially considering how hard it was to get EPIC players to even attend that scrim and get their hours up a bit before it, hence I'm throwing that pug. Hopefully I can get enough of them interested so that by the next scrim, I'm not desperately nagging them to get their hours up.

I think realistically, there was a time when we were pretty much untouchable. When our clan hours averaged in the 40s per person, and all of those were spent in Empires, it got to the point where we ended every scrim in about 10 minutes flat, even vs pretty well prepared teams from JPL and BSID. But that level of activity isn't maintainable, certainly not as we've got older and many of us have left school, so we don't have those huge school holidays any more. But during that time, I honestly doubt we could have been touched, because we could play entire scrims nearly silent, and work perfectly together, simply because of the huge amount of hours we were all putting in during pub times.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I dunno how my sig was offensive at all lol, I said America created the internet and airplanes... Fine I will just get rid of it.

I am not even sure what you are talking about.. What is OPF? All I know is that I am cumming on and in a girl who I think is hot, specially naked. So I am happy regardless.

4. Trickster

Can you post in a single thread without turning it into a discussion about you, or California, or some other shit no-one cares about?

5. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

Dubee's back and more lewd than ever

Cum cum cum jizz spunk balls dick pussy pussy pussy

thats code for Dubee

he knows what Im talkin about

6. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I was talking to the other Dubee. You know him.

Deadpool knows that I know that you know what we are talkin about

7. Trickster

Enough is enough anyway. He's gone, and he's not coming back. Discussion over. Back to the actual point of this thread.

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

make fun of epic for losing?

9. Trickster

That's infinitely more interesting than anything Dubee can contribute.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Try this next time?
    [​IMG]

11. communism

communism poof

wow dz that box isnt even working for me

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Yeah wtf I can't write anything

13. LordDz

You sure? Cause I just added you to it and it worked perfectly.
    (and yeah, I'm going to remove it in a sec).

14. Krazer

Krazer Member

It's broke. :(

15. LordDz

I am so awesome.