EotBR: Ender

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by Angry, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Angry

Angry Junior Member

The command center was very dim over hung monitors, workstations and the main screen provided a small amount of light for this very dark moment. The staff at the Brenodi high command center were busy shuffling around with papers and documents, the air was tense because to what was about to take place. The staff at their various work stations we’re kept busy.

The main screen at the center of the room at a world map of our empire, various troop movements we’re displayed on the screen mixed with satellite imagery and small alerts. In a few moments we would be at Defcon 1 and I would give the order to wipe the Jekotian and Southern island providences of the face of the earth with our ICBMs. At my station the units slowly moved on the screen. To my far left was my second in command, Lieutenant Hughes, and to my far right was her majesty, the empress herself. Both at their own stations, watching their monitors carefully. Aircraft on my screen were scouting the Jekotian mainland for targets and would sweep back around to look over the lesser areas before returning to their home airfield.

On the map our empire was colored blue, the former Jekotian Empire red and the southern islands yellow. An enemy naval fleet just popped into radar range.

Hughes snickered at me in an overconfident tone. “Your move Adrian”

I noticed the monitor flickered slightly, small bits of static randomly dotted the screen of the very old monitor, and it began to annoy me… But this was it, time slowed almost to a standstill as defcon 1 was seconds away and the Jekotian Providences and Southern Isles would soon light up with the glow of a thousand suns. So… Should I switch out monitors with another station or, should I go online to Newseed and order a brand new one? The static is making it difficult to play Defcon with my friends. If I lose to either my second in command or her majesty I never hear the end of it from both parties.

This is pretty much a filler, I haven’t had a massive amount of time to work on chapter 3 but it’s coming along I didn't feel like this needed to be in the story thread. In the mean time I’ve been working on course work and a under wraps map (non serious). If I had a laptop I’d be easier to write and map both at school and at home but when I come home I’m too worn out to really do anything. Enjoy your filler.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

So it's a game, like Defcon is? Or am i missing something?

3. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Yes they we're playing an empires (Alternate reality) game of defcon. I set the story up to sound like it was real.. At first, on some of the computer stations at high command during the late hours of the night. The map on the main screen is an actual far more detailed command map.

I'm trying to be humorous, just something to tide people over until chapter 3 which is going to have plenty of action. It's a nice and very relaxing break from doing nothing but serious writing.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i repeat

5. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Not my fault you guys don't have a friggin sense of humor