Enough is enough. Tank balance is FUCKED.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Stu, Aug 9, 2007.

?

What should be done to cannons?

1. Make them like they always were.

24.1%
  2. Keep them the way they are.

27.6%
  3. Unnerf them slightly

44.8%
  4. Other (post why)

3.4%
  1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

So if the rate was 1 hp per 2 seconds, this would be fine?
    Also, Tanks can upgrade their cannons, which may or may not be attracted to other cannons. How is this problem limited to APCs? just because they are a spawn point?

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah! where did you get that from? dev changelog of RC19? :o

and APC's are the most problem because unlike tanks that are limeted by their heat, APC's can keep pestering, keep firing, never get stopped... oh, and they're a mobile spawn.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

That was from RC17 change log. I guess it helps to look through the whole thing looking what to come out to make it good for release. See: The wiki

4. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Really the best fix I see for the UMG would be to give it a MAJOR increase in heat output. As in, each shot should be about 1/3 the heat of a standard cannon shell.

5. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I would also reduce the health of the APC a bit

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

APC has 1 additional plate on left and 1 on right side. Its health is 200 and light tank's is 150. So APC's health can be just lowered to 150 and squad leader's healing in vehicle can be made slower.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  7. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

Well, I for one find that its very easy to develop tactics to counter the tank-destroyer APC.

Primarily, what's the advantage that a single-shot cannon has over a rapid-fire weapon of any sort? Accuracy at range, or range in general. I recently was playing on, I think, emp_cyclopean, and I was in a BE medium tank with regen armor, and I was laying siege to the NF base. Two AT-APCs sortied out to meet me, and I ran away. I was easily able to destroy them at range, however, for little loss to myself, because the APMG's accuracy beyond, say, 20 meters makes it almost pointless.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Well since squad vehicle heal has been removed instead of fixed, this issue really isn't applicable