Enough is enough. Tank balance is FUCKED.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Stu, Aug 9, 2007.

?

What should be done to cannons?

1. Make them like they always were.

24.1%
  2. Keep them the way they are.

27.6%
  3. Unnerf them slightly

44.8%
  4. Other (post why)

3.4%
  1. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Due to the nerfing of the 1-slot cannons, AFV's/LTs are completely useless. Everyone just researches Uranium MG early, and everything is completely owned by them. Change the cannons back, or unnerf them, do something. All anyone does now is UMG APC rushes. Everything was balanced perfectly before this change was made. Now every game is ending the same. And for those who will come in and say that they are fine... *cough* When's the last time you actually played a game of empires? Probably not in the last few days. Either make the cannons stronger, or rebalance the ENTIRE vehicle weapons system.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

falconx is coming to the rescue.....maybe

3. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

APCs shouldnt be able to own tanks. And LT was the only big advantage NF had over BE.

4. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Balancing isn't done yet.

5. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

But were tanks unbalanced to start with? Seemed ok to me in 1.071

6. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

The heat I think is the real killer. You cant realy get off enough shots to make the tank worth its money before its killed.:(

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I think the 1.071b is more balanced than 1.08.

BALANCE IT NOW OR NEVER RELEASE IT.

8. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

At the very least they need to be un-nerfed a little. These current cannons promote the APCs of D00M

9. Valliantstu

Valliantstu Banned

All the games are now becoming "who can make doom apcs first"
    This is allot less balanced than 1.07. Heck, LTs and AFVS are now completly worthless

10. Opie

Opie Member

I don't agree with everything said above, I think LTs and AFVs were too good. You never had to research meds or heavies in most games.

But on the otherhand, APCs are rediculous.

11. Lithium

Lithium Member

keep the damage of the cannon the way it is (im assuming they lowered the dmg) and ease up on the heat a little

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

if things arnt done being balanced then this thread is completely useless..

the lt is fine.. the apcs are abused with that machine gun and the squad aura heal thing

so those things will need changed

13. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I'm glad you have such faith in me. :p

I'm not addressing weapon damage or anything along those lines, I was only really dealing with weights and loadouts. The scripts are all there, all you need to do is change whichever MG it is from 60 damage every .08s to something else. I may address weapon balancing at some point, but that's not now.

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Sounds like a plan

15. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I haven't played RC 18 yet, so i will hold off on voting. I will say, however, that since we're discussing balancing, missiles are pretty under-powered right now, as far as i know. At least the regular missiles. Currently, they're good for point blank assaults, and that's it. Of course, bio and nuke are still crazy awesome, but that's the exception.

Also, shouldn't this thread be, you know, umm, in a different forum? Like, idk, a closed forum? hint hint.

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Before this change the game was more unbalanced with the NF LT owning BE AFV's easily, it could even own meds and heavies. Why would you want to have it like that again?

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I have to admit, even without playing, it sounds like at least both sides can dominate the other, as opposed to the LT rush. That, surely, is a step in the right direction. (Two steps forward, one step back, and whatnot.)

18. REX

REX Member

Yeah the APCs of DOOM are crazy.... I got one with atleast 3 mines + a serving of 4 mortars and it didnt even smoke.

later one of them killed my heavy nuke tank with what sounded like 5 shots from that heavy MG thing + the VF ?.

I have also been looking at them from spectator and seen tactics where you simply ignore lvl 1 ML turrets and just drive up to several of them and nade them.

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Solution for now: don't research it as comm and hope the other comm doesn't either.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

This problem needs two solutions: reduce the heat of the standard cannon, keeping the damage and RoF as the new values; reduce the power of the APC. This could be done by either giving it one less MG slot, or reducing the power of the UMG overall.

There is no way that an APC should be able to kill an active tank. Fair enough, if they find one sat around they can blow it to pieces with nades and the UMG after using a lot of ammo up on it, but they should not be able to waltz up to 2 heavy tanks and kill them both in less than a dozen seconds without even smoking.

I prefer the LT/AFV as they are now, as it does promote researching heavier chassis for both teams. The standard cannon does need a little less heat though: it really is quite useless as it is now.