Engineers Glow-worm

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Melee, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Melee

Melee Member

well when the server was down yesterday I went and played a couple of games on 1.07 yeuk, and it struck me why some of the gameplay is different or obsolete.
    On 1.07 I could sneak near bases and set up turrets camera's etc now on 1.08 not a hope in hells chance as the engineers little glow-worm buzz thingy can be seen and heard virtually accross the whole freakin map thus makin him s sitting duck. is it possible to mebbe make it heard buzzing only to own team and visible at shorter distances, at the mo everytime i build summat i need me raybans.........................:cool:

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol yeah you can see those little jizzimz from pretty far away.. maybe change how far they show.. they is kinda goofy lookin

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's a nice feature...and even if it is a little bright it's probably better to have it than have not. Although an engy calculator glow effect instead of a spark wouldnt go amiss. A matter for 3.0 imo.

4. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i think it's great, i wouldn't change it, the engineer is a powerful class, a little nerf like this doesnt hurt anything, especially if it looks pretty and shiny.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

k but the issuse is.. that you can see it so far..

heres an xsample

im in a tank shooting a barracks i think i have enough ammoz to kill it.. but i can see the engy tool spark inside of it.. so instead of wasting me ammoz i go kill the engy and then kill it

i think at a certain distance the door walls that cover the inside of the rax dissapear.. so if you got an engy in there repairing out of sight you can see the jizzems from a distance

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

yeah, it shouldn't spark through walls, that's a good point. But as far as distance, I think it's fine as-is.

also... jizzems? :p

man I'm a prude

7. Drag

Drag Member

I agree with that, the distance you can see the sparks is a little long and you can see the sparks inside buildings that vanish at said distances.

Other than that, the sparks are better than a bland nothingness. Engineers are not a stealth class. It is already easy enough to build a base right next to your enemy without them noticing. The engineer should be spotted fairly easily because he is no covert ops type. (If he was, he would need no backup from other classes)

And to add some "pseudo-realism": Constructing a building is loud and can be seen from far away. In some abstract way the sparks represent that. It is absolutely CRUCIAL that you can hear the buzzing of the engineer tool else you have no freaking idea where the engineer is that deconstructs your barracks. That would be like silencing all the weapons for the other team or taking out footsteps. (let alone the big hit in atmosphere which empires improved much since 1.07 but can't risk losing.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would rather the brightness be turned down for the one building it, same brightness to others. Like he said... its friggen bright. My room lights up when ever I build something.

I would like to see something more along the lines of like what NS has. They are smaller sparks that fly a longer distance AND have 4 different sound files that play so its not just a constant buzzing nat.