[ENGINEER] Change Seismic grenades

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zenarion, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Sirex

Sirex Member

Goddamn it stop with spoling the suggestion, we reached a good version in the first page of this thread, stop it with the disable nade ideas.

Just make then seismic sticky and damage over time and all grenades regentive or only from grenade ammobox in armouries, the defenders bonus is not that they can disable the damage over time but that they can heal the building when you realist it is stickied, and not just "lol out rax got wtfpwned in one second".

And we still retain the fact that with damage over time grenades more engineers get ^ more effective while single engineer ninjas get less effective, and that is what we want to accomplish, that with rmeoving the range of the seismic. This would in turn buff the MOAWTAR, since that would be the only weapon capable of long range anti building damage.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. communism

communism poof

Didnt read the thread really (that shit is for losers..who reads books amirite)
    You wanna nerf engy and turn gren into the only class able to kill turrets? As if gren wasn't fun enough already (sarcasm)

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Grenadiers.

And riflemen because their frags would be normal ranged and more powerful.

And scouts because their concs would be more powerful following the same pattern.

And engineers because they still have ML turrets.

And any class in a tank.

So pretty much all classes can work on turrets.

4. Mashav

Mashav Member

Design space for scout :D

EDIT: And I only support the reduced range. I am indifferent to the DoT and dislike the regening grenades/grenade refill restrictions.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  5. RKB53

RKB53 Member

There is more than one person in a team

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes there is, and if I am doing my bit and building refs or killing enemies I don't need to lose because someone else wasn't.

Empires is not a team building lesson, it has to be entertaining, if people can't play it due to lack of teamwork they won't keep coming back, they'll just leave, and the mod will suck.

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I played 2 days ago for 30 min, I ragequited cause it ended everytime with about 3 guys on the team babysitting the 17 riflewhores we had...

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Dropping ML turrets requires that you deconstruct your existing turret, and it won't work (or will be painfully slow, requiring that you babysit and carefully repair your turret constantly) vs. ML / MG combos.

Turret balance, as it exists now, is dependent on the idea that both engineers and grens can quickly and easily destroy turrets from range if they are not defended. I think we should be very leery of reducing the engineer seismic toss range to below the range of a level 3 MG turret... undefended turrets are supposed to die pretty easily, and this would make it a lot more work for engineers to kill them.

If your team sucks and fails to defend your base, you are going to lose. No suggestion is going to change that.

Empires is built around the idea of attacking and defending bases. What do you want? A game where bases don't have to be defended? Who would the attackers be fighting, anyway?

I could understand making it more fun to defend, so more people would want to focus on it... or making it a bit harder to kill entrenched buildings. But complaining that you lose because the rest of your team didn't defend doesn't really work, because defending your base is supposed to be a major part of the game, and I don't see how that could really change.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  9. Mashav

Mashav Member

So engi's can't kill turrets very well any more. If only we had some form of selectable configuration of weapons and skills that could possibly be changed to help fill that void *cough*scout*cough*.

Also, the engi is still a bit too powerful in the balance of classes. This will bring them a bit closer to the other classes, while still staying attractive enough to make empires go around.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Technically, I'm not sure it would be making engineers less powerful -- since they also place turrets, and there's always going to be a lot of engineers. If the most common class out there is incapable of easily killing turrets, then an engineer's level 3 MG becomes much more powerful, even against non-engineers (since it's more likely to survive and obstruct them.)