engies need more support, since less power.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gnar, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Gnar

Gnar Member

In 2.2 (yes another one) engineers are very underpowered. there is not much they can do to make up for it. they can place a few walls, put up a turret, place a camera, and throw some ammo for the stronger classes. I think they should have at least one or two more things to do. i find my self as an engie too much of the time spent back at the base pretty helpless building what is needed. when done, i try to get to front lines heal tanks, put down ammo, but i dont feel its enough. I think engies should be able to make forts with the walls. and put up walls that have ladders, walls with doors, or walls with windows. building halfwalls is helpful, but jump over too easily. i think this would make engies alot cooler to be. maybe only 1 door and 3 windows per engie, or you could have a door cost 3 walls, and a window cost 2, but that would be changed not really knowing if this could be in. It would make the walls alot better to build, and keep engie class as support. I think riflemen will mostly benefit from the window idea. The windows and doors could be destroyed a bit easier than regular walls. and build a little faster. This would be prefect for making guard posts around the map, keeping critical chokepoints being able to bunker down. These new types of walls would not support turtleing, as they are easier to destroy, and regular walls would be used to keep yourself in base.

To build the walls, the engie menu could go Walls>Wall: WindowWall: DoorWall: LadderWall. kinda like the turret and camera window.

I like being engie class becase of supporting units and in particular build bases. I think this would be really really cool to put in empires, and i hope someone can agree =P.

Constructive Critism please? =D

2. Demented

Demented Member

First of all, the engineer is already the most dangerous class in the game.
    He can build a barracks behind enemy lines, comes in just behind the rifleman in terms of killing people, and can knock down buildings with the seismic/crate combo like it's nothing.

That said...

Your suggestion should be named "Exotic Wall Fortifications".
    And really, we don't need these.
    You can put a gap between two walls and get your door, or window.
    You can also build walls partially to build stairs, or ledges to stand on, and create a bunker that way.
    Ladders, meanwhile, are virtually proven to be used almost exclusively for exploiting. (Standing on top of the wall as you build it is bad enough! :p )

You really shouldn't be building bunkers except as temporary cover (similarly with turrets, which provide temporary area denial). You help your team much more by playing offensively and attacking the enemy. That means learning to use the smg1 and seismic grenades to defend yourself from enemies and destroy buildings, respectively. It is this behavior that should be encouraged, not using walls that could be used to create a Barbie playhouse (you're only missing the roof). (That said, this mod does lack feminine appeal.)

3. Spooky

Spooky Member

Lets throw in some naked women as the new weapon
    we can have a new gun called the JEW gun! (Junk Exotic Weapon) That fires naked women and lazerz

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

revive engineer with smg1 is very powerfull in 2.2

5. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

reminds me of some stupid suggestion of the exact same thing cuz its more like spore

6. Gnar

Gnar Member

awesome =)

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

What bloody commander wants his engineers to build gmod forts?

PUSH FORWARD YE BLOODY PUSSY!:mad:

8. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

THIS commander does.

I managed to win by tickets by over 50 in xroads because i just told my team to go and build walls/forts, and drop their turrets, while reviving and killing.... we were almost dead when the other team got the nuke/heavy combo (HIT warhead will never sit with me) , but then they ran out of tickets... teh lulz.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The engineer is the most powerful class in the game, and would still be the most powerful class if you took all his weaponry off him.

10. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Yes, engie does need support, not support from new features however.
    He needs more support from his team.