Empty's Weapon Rehaul Idea

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Empty, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I thought diminishing returns was implemented ages ago :confused:

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Diminishing returns are a thing and have been a thing for over two years.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

There is a difference between rushes and basic tactics. A lot of you seem to misunderstand what I mean. The minute your game goes further than 20 minutes mediums and heavies start to pile up and you cant just simply get an apc to one area and anihilate everything.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

And that is bad how?....

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

one apc shouldn't be able to anihilate everything. thats not basic tactics at all
    looks like i understand completely

having said that, destroying a base is a little hard late game

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

only if your enemy is on par with you. usually this isnt the case, but people get dragged away easier in their tanks and focus on kills rather then removing this very rax at that very moment and may it cost their lifes. (plus seismics are faster in clearing buildings then most tanks, could be that aswell)

7. Empty

Empty Member

thats called being wrong and it's a thing I do

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Don't despair, you're not completely wrong. Although diminishing returns are a thing, the default value is 0 for the emp_sv_refinery_diminishing_returns_valueperrefinery variable and neither VIPER nor EPIC use a different value, which means diminishing returns are nonexistent on both servers.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

one apc doesnt destroy anything at all, its the players spawning in it that counts. If you devote 5 players into spawning into an apc to one part of the map ofcourse you are going to anihilate that part. Players are the most important resource in the game. Being able to allocate your players to where they are needed instead of walking them there losing time and being inefficient is basic fucking tactics and logistics of an army.
    The way you guys are hating on empires is because you expect trench battle to happen and just taking ground milimeter by milimeter from the enemy instead of doing flanking and backstabbing.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Well it kinda was a problem with ugl and when you could put 2 small gls on the apc. Those have been fixed for the most part, so I can't really complain.

If anything this just goes back to how a commander can't really deploy his forces in a meaningful way. It's up to players to a) know how to killspawn b) know where to kill spawn to and c)make sure enough of them have actually gone to the point that needs to be defended or whatever. A lot of people see 1 or even maybe 2 guys in a base and go"that's enough" when it isn't at all because that apc has those 5 guys paradox is talking about. Or a couple of tanks.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's wild. So you're saying we mostly levelled off the slippery slope through free research and wages, and recycling tanks? It'd probably be a reverse slope with diminishing returns in, then :P

Maybe when we bring back res costs (or some form) for research, that's when diminishing returns can be properly set, so the hit would be gentle.