empiresmod ps2 squad ops

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FN198, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Are you interested in joining for operations?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2013.
  1. Yes, and I am able to play

66.7%
  2. I would, but I am unable to play

25.0%
  3. No, thank you

8.3%
  1. FN198

FN198 Member

i would have prompted for this in one of the already plentiful ps2 threads but they didnt have the proper scope.
    this post is half survey, half mission statement. i would like to create a group for playing planetside as a squad with other empiresmod community members and friends thereof. if we get enough people, perhaps even playing as a platoon.

an operation is a time and date that we all get on to the same server, same faction, and assemble to do pretty much whatever in the game. these things include: camp stuff here, camp stuff there, play silly minigames, help out the zerg, ghost cap and play against the odds.

just in case you might not know, ghost capping is going away from the main fight and setting up around the enemy's perimeter and capturing their unguarded bases. it's easier to pull off than going at the enemy zerg head on. also, it's fun to try and manage the situation as the enemy's alarms go off and the fighting escalates

one silly minigame that i made up during the game's alpha was called warriors or exfiltration. just like in the movie, the objective is to make it on foot from deep, deep into enemy territory back to a friendly warpgate without respawning. this makes for a particularly large quantity of lulz and is actually quite exciting.

anyways, back to the point. we'd use a ts3 server to communicate on and then decide on what to do, form squads, have an initial briefing to introduce people to standard protocol and then get to the action. i'll be adding more info later if there's interest.

by the way, i was often a squad/platoon leader in the enclave from alpha to release and even a month or so past that. the most effective and infamous organization to play planetside 2, the enclave has left the game to play other ones. i enjoyed the style of leadership there, but do not seek to replicate it entirely.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm not too sure how this is exactly different then bj's thread. I'm pretty sure that was the aim of the game when bj made that thread, it was just started out simple because no one knew if there was people willing to start new on a different server. Regardless, once that vote finishes, we'll know what server to be playing on and I would be definitely be up for some ps2 shenanigans.

Edit: mean faction, don't know why I keep saying server.

3. FN198

FN198 Member

all of the faction stuff is pure hype, this thread ignores it.

4. MetricMike

MetricMike Member

Planetside 2 is more trouble to install and get functioning than most printers. Whoever implemented Awesomium for PS2 should die in a fire.

5. Sitka

Sitka Member

This. You'd expect a game to work after installing it, particularly after nine million patches.

Thing still crashes every 15-20 minutes. Tried playing today myself and i had to restart about 5 times before i gave up.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, I played this back on my 450 nivada card and only had 3 and half gigs and I was able to play it fine, the only crashes I got is when you can't close the client properly, and the crashes back from the beta patches.

Are you trying to play this thing on a toaster or something?

Oh I forgot, if you have Avast on it sometimes fucks with the patches you either update avasts clearance thing or you just turn it off while it patches.

If your prosieben based, it may be easier to download planetside and add it to steam rather than steam direct.

Now im not saying the thing runs like a fucking cloud, but even lower end pcs are able to play even with shitty frame rates.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the hell? i know they host games too, but i thought itd only be browser games. do you get stefan raab skins? lol

(you also made a grammar mistake but im certainly the wrong to judge)

8. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

PS2 looks really fun but there is no way I could play it.

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I played it for like 3 hours, I was bored to death. I suck in tripes but I still had more fun playing it than ps2.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It sounds nice, shame I'm on a different server and too lazy to reroll.

11. BigTeef

I don't understand what you are saying.

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

You played alone as a noob, of course you didn't enjoy it that much.
    I'm sure if you get a squad of friends to play with, it becomes a lot more fun.

13. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

If you're on Matheson as TR add me up:

Getrekdm8 in game name

14. Lazybum

WaltzingWillow on TR.

Lazybum on vanu.

Both of them are on matherson. I guess you decided on TR Bitterjesus? Should update that thread you made if so. Sounds like a good idea anyway, what with vanu having so many extra players half the time.

15. FN198

FN198 Member

AnimalScar, BitterJesus, D.D.D. Destroyer, FN198, Grantrithor, Lazybum, Lollum

there we go, we got 7 people so far with the majority residing within the north american timezones. how about saturday nights? or maybe wednesday nights?

16. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

17. BigTeef

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I usually sign in for an alert, play through the alert and sign off for the day.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

No time Wednesdays and Saturdays are for random stuff/Empires.

19. Lazybum

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with Destroyer, Saturdays are usually empire days.Wednesday would be cool though, or like Saturday mornings. Nobody gets in the server till like noonish anyway for empires.

20. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Saturday morning would be what time for you? 09:00 AM PST? I can work with that, just not within the week as I have to go to work.