Empires Wiki is back online

Discussion in 'News' started by CyberKiller, Nov 15, 2014.

1. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

The empires wiki is back online, but as a precaution it's a completely fresh install with only the articles and images transferred over.
    This means that all old user accounts are gone now and new user account creation is disabled.
    If you wish to be able to edit the wiki then please send a pm to Beerdude or Trickster and have them create an account for you and add the account to the 'editors' group.
    I would also advise that you choose a user name identical to your old one so that you pick up your old talk page and page edit credits.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

aww.. I kinda liked having something not many other people had.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Cyberkiller posted a list of accounts up in the dev forums and there were 265 users.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

High likelihood of most of them being not real users. Cross reference posts/edits vs user names and you will find most did nothing or were possibly dormant bots never activated.

I had to wipe out most of a wiki user database the other day due to tons of users who were clearly not real users.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I would say I recognise more of the names in the list than the ones I don't.

6. 101010

101010 Member

Thank you