Empires video quality on youtube

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Silk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I ended up ordering a 27" 2ms 1080p LED ASUS monitor. Two DVI, one HDMI and one analog connector with speakers (which I will not use).

Now for TOO MUCH INFORMATION...

Regarding your eye - odd thing about video is that your eye fills in and blends a lot of what it sees. if you took the same resolution still image on video and printed it - it would look like shit. You can pick out pixels on the page, but on video your eye will blend those pixels and is constantly trying to focus - but can not. Dithering algorithms take advantage of this but on paper you have to mix and blend ink to do the merging since the eye will pick out dithering and it won't blend like video.

Pilots know that the eye can trick them. If they focus on one area for too long things directly in front of them can disappear. This is why they are trained to constantly scan the horizon and they have electronics to focus them on targets. I've been to some training to explain how the eye and video tricks can fool you into seeing what is not there. There is a video test somewhere that proves you will lose items directly in your vision if you stare at them.

Hell they used to think there were aliens on Mars due to the eye picking out things that were not on the planet but clearly seen through the microscope. Read about the irrigation canals on mars.

There are tons of information and videos on how your eye can be fooled. I watched a video where they quizzed you afterwards on what you saw in an audience of 300 people. Everyone missed something they wanted to hide right in front of your face. When they replayed it you would look for what they hid. And it was a guy in a bear costumer walking across the stage.

Read up on Computer Vision Syndrome:
    "Reading a computer screen is hard on your eyes because of the way the characters are formed on the monitor. The video display is made up of pixels, or tiny dots, rather than solid images as on a printed page. Because your eyes cannot "lock" focus on these dots, your eyes must continually focus and refocus to keep the image sharp. This refocusing results in stress to your eye muscles. In addition, your eyes blink less frequently when you are using a computer, causing the eye surface to dry out and become irritated. The irritation makes focusing even more difficult, which can lead to headaches and neck pain."

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Playing FPS with 24FPS.
    Meh.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I used to play at that, now I'm so picky that FPSes need 45+ fps for me.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the old myth of the eye seeing 24fps - is it still been told?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013