Empires Version X testing 2nd December 20:00 GMT (non official)

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Empires Version X testing (non official)

Awhile ago i found some scripts while going though some old stuff from a couple years ago that were never really finished. I never actually got a chance to test them on a large scale i did however test with a few people. If you are interested please join this group for more details about upcoming tests. These are based on 2.6.9 the time when nothing could actually be push because of the push server was broken. I will attempt to play a normal round of empires with these scripts however i need about 20 people to do that. Thanks to tama testing is now possible via the beta branch

Group: (join if interested) http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EmpiresDedicatedtesters

How to install
    Simply right click empires and click on the beta tab next click the drop down menu and select spikes_scripts and thats it.

Test time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Empires+Version+X+testing+(non+official)&iso=20161202T20&p1=1318

Server: Empires X Script Test Server

Teamspeak: 23.255.170.63

There are way too many changes to list so here is the general idea

Changes and tweaks include

Redone infantry combat
    Recoil redone on all automatic weapons
    Redone versions of the engineer sub machine guns to make them alot more deadly at all ranges
    minimum damage falloff of 10 for all infantry weapons
    slight tweaks on all weapons
    redone bear
    redone spread patterns on some weapons
    an overall better feel to the infantry weapons
    Infantry resists - gren = 25% scout = 25% rifleman = 10% engineer = 15%
    scout is now the close range class
    tweaks to the rpg that include a faster projectile moving speed and a closed aiming reticle when moving
    Scoped rifle rework
    NF 50 Cal Rework (Marksmen Rifle)

vehicle combat changes
    All of the existing missile weapons redone to make them alot easier to use
    4 new light tank weapons to make the early game tank combat alot more interesting
    All of the existing mg's redone
    every anti tank mg now have an apc hmg version this includes bio hmg and he hmg
    be meds and nf meds can now carry the same amount of weapons and Armour to them more balanced
    Cost of base tank chassis and armor reduced (tanks to be made cheaper and tanks being easier to kill)

Armours

Regen - 70 hp - 10 cpp - 15 weight - regenerates - take more damage from bio weapons
    Compo - 90 hp - 20 cpp - 15 weight - takes 20% less damage from weapons - 10% rpg resist
    Reflective - 80 hp - 10 cpp - 15 weight - angle modifier
    Reactive - 100 hp - 10 cpp - 15 weight - takes 20% more damage from gren rpg's
    aluminium(plain) - 40 hp - 5 cpp - 10 weight
    absorbent - 80 hp - 10 cpp - 15 weight - takes less damage from faster projectiles (cannons)
    The whole idea is for every Armour to have a positive and negative then comp to become like it was in the past the strongest Armour in the game however to most expensive

Planned changes
    A upgrade for the grenidier rpg to make it more viable later on in the game EG damage upgrade
    New smoke grenade particle effect (zooms smoke effect that is sexy as fuck)
    Conncusion grenade = EMP grenade
    Grenadier specific sidearms - Burst pistol for NF - Machine pistol for BE

If you do attended this test please provide feedback it is key.
    Please not this test is not official
    THESE SCRIPTS ARE BASED OF 2.6.9 Credit goes to the previous scripter trickster that these changes are based off.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Spike-Fork.... Spork?!

3. GregariousJB

GregariousJB Member Staff Member Web Developer

[​IMG]

Not even half the errors I found... mfw

"right click empires in steam and go to the beta tab" should say "right click Empires in Steam and go to Properties". Not only is this full of Engrish with the name of the game misspelled in the group name but the instructions are incorrect.

I appreciate you doing this. It's good to see testing being done that may potentially improve Empires, but damn, man. Damn.

Anyway, more on-topic.

• scout is now the close range class
      • Eh.. then who are you giving the Scoped Rifle to? "Scoped rifle rework" isn't helping.
    • All of the existing missile weapons redone to make them alot easier to use
      • What does this mean? It sounds like an unneeded buff to NF heavies.
    • 4 new light tank weapons to make the early game tank combat alot more interesting
      • Cool.
    • Regen - 70 hp - 10 cpp - 15 weight - regenerates - take more damage from bio weapons
      • Why does the same research - Bio - that goes into getting Regen armor go into the research to do more damage to it with bio weapons? That doesn't make much sense.
    • Armours
      • What happened to Sticky Grenade resistance?
    I don't think this helps at all with our underlying issue - that there are no hard counters in the game. It's just a mishmash of random armors/weapons with random stats that do random things, so whenever anything is done to the scripts, it just creates a new "best loadout" that everyone sticks to in every round. It's like playing a variation of Rock, Paper, Scissors called Rock, Stone, Boulder.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

@GregariousJB If these are the same scripts I tested a few months ago...

Then the missiles have had a speed increase across the board. They are now faster (hence easier to use).

I really liked the Light Tank weapons when I tried them...

Homing missile feels better to use.

And empires doesn't need hard counters (see other threads).

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What do you mean what happened to sticky grenade resistance? Nothing ever had sticky grenade resistance.

I think rifleman has scout rifle, because it's more of a long range class now(less bullet resist).

6. Spike

Thanks for pointing out those errors gregarious maximous

The scout rifle is going on rifleman

Regen takes more damage from bio weaponry so bio damage isn't completely useless against regen

And as for the missiles lets face it the current homing, guided, UML and standard ML are terrible and not really easy to use. Also i think the missiles in empires need alot more range so NF heavy's can really reach out and touch the BE heavy tanks that are peppering them at longer ranges with dual extended range cannon. BE heavy tanks are far superior to NF heavy tanks in terms of maneuverability and even the most skilled BE heavy tank driver can easily dodge incoming missiles and run rings around NF heavy tanks.

I remember a round of tropic vendetta quite sometime ago when me and donald trump managed to fend off and onslaught of nf heavy tanks and they could not even touch us. It really did prove how good BE heavy tanks are compared to NF heavy tanks.

Also i should of really posted in detail what the missiles changes are sorry about that.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  7. Spike

Have you been drinking again azk ?

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I never stopped.

9. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

I'll try and get on early tomorrow see if we can populate it for test, tbh if people like it we could play it everyday since its easy to switch branches plus I believe some people I've talked to who were interested wont be around for it. Just need to make sure people know if they are on the right branch when they connect.

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Get out of here, this isn't foon.

11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Whats Foon?

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Was fun to be honest. Some things didn't quite work but that happens when you do bigger changes like this. I'm not sure about the weight change on chassis, but I didn't really get a chance to see it on nf so maybe it's kinda whatever.