Empires to Garrys

Discussion in 'General' started by Avneet, May 28, 2007.

1. Avneet

Avneet Member

Hey guys, how do I put Empires into Garry's mod 9? I was reading through a huge post where people made pics in it, but never saw how they put it in there. I need to bring my Empires 1337ness to Garry's :p

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Just copy all the maps and materials and models folders from Empires over to gmod9. Then ask ^Dee^ for the q-menu, because mine is gone and it's nowhere to be found on the gmod forums.

3. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Ok, I've had the spawn thingy installed but the original got deleted a while back. There were a couple of things wrong with it (such as a bunch of NF models missing) and I've taken some time to fix those. It's still not 100% done, but you can have fun with most of the stuff now.

Here's the changelog:

Code:
    Empires Spawn Menu version 1.01 for GMod 9
    by L3TUC3

This spawn menu is based off a previous version, creator unknown. I've fixed some errors and added new content.

Requirements:
    This spawn menu requires Empires mod 1.071 installed in your SourceMods folder.

Installation:

1. Extract the mods and materials folders into your Gmod 9 folder.
    2. Enable the mod in the mod manager.
    3. Enjoy!

Known Problems:
    Some spawnable entities have missing textures.
    Map icons have missing images.

Copyright:
    This spawn menu is based off a previous version, creator unknown. I, L3TUC3, as an extension of the Empires mod community only take credit for the improvement.

Have any comments or suggestions? Please visit us on the Empires forum! Http://forums.empiresmod.com
    Download here.

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I've done the instructions in this thread except for find Dee's q-menu. What is that?

5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

You don't need dee's, it's included in the .zip.

Just start gmod 9, go in a map, press q, scroll to the empires stuff and spawn things.

6. Sayton

Sayton Member

Hmm... sorry to necro but I can't get this working for some reason. When you type "gmod9 folder", where exactly do you mean? Because I've extracted those folders in about every subfolder now without result. :headshot:

If anyone could give me the paths for where to place the mod and the empires files that would be great help.

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

you dont extract to a sub folder, you extract to the gmod9 folder's root. ...\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod\

8. Sayton

Sayton Member

I did with the mod, but when I tried to move the empires files there it asked me if I wanted to replace existing files which seemed wrong to me. :confused:

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

yes, you do. It replaces the existing models folder (and others) with the new one, but it still keeps the original files. yea, its stupid, the only thing it overwrites is the folder itself. no files are removed. just say yes :)

10. Sayton

Sayton Member

All right. Thanks for the help. ^^

11. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

While this topic is still open I thought I would inquire about a problem I've been having with the Empires gmod:

Every time I spawn an Empires model from gmod the model gets "muddled" with that stupid bug-hormone pod-grenade thing from HL2. The bug-pod thing is always at the origin of the model. Anyone else have this problem?

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

It's because the models don't have collisions. You use the little bugbait to move it around. When you want it to disappear, just make the model invisible, and the bugbait is the only part that disappears. :)