Empires Summer League

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Start Date
    Start date will be the 9th of july. Information about matches will be posted as a separate thread

Times
    Starting time of every match will be - 20:00 BST - 16:00 EST - 13:00 PDT
    This will either be weekly or bi weekly

Captains

if you are interested in being a captain please post below or nominate someone you think would fit the role. Captain's will have to get someone to command for them and organise there team for upcoming matches. Captains can also nominate 2 generals to help with the organisation and strategy. If people haven't already realized this will be in the same format as the last summer league with two teams and captains.

Teams
    You will have to join a group to join a team its that simple. the groups will be made once the captains have been decided.

Servers
    One week it will be hosted on a US server then the next a EU server to keep both us players and eu players happy.

Number of matches
    depends how much interest the league gets. I would like to do around about 6 or 8

Maps (possible map list)
    emp_coast - 1st week
    emp_chain - 2nd week
    emp_blackmountian - 3rd week
    emp_hazard - 4th week
    emp_silo - 5th week
    emp_frozensummit - 6th week

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Metruption

Metruption Member

I will captain a team

Also we should have the event server up an hour early with district_420 to get everyone warmed up

We should play emp_bootybay with houserule of no medium or heavy tanks
    We should play emp_tropicvendetta with houserule of no medium or heavy tanks
    We should play with houserule of no medium or heavy tanks

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I will do whatever.

4. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Sounds good and I'm in, but what are these groups made of? Are they squads? Do captains choose a particular number of groups each or is a group an entire team?

Sounds great though, see you June 9th.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Teams
    You will have to join a group to join a team its that simple. the groups will be made once the captains have been decided.

If you were here last summer you'd know what it's like.

6. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Amazing, you can tell when I don't know the answer to a question that I myself asked! Have you considered creating a psychic hotline?

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

As I remember, join a team and the cap will arrange stuff, tactics and squad leads, etc.

You'll play for the team you are committed to. They'll probably be some unaffiliated ringers organised to round out the numbers if they come out uneven.

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Ah, so that means if Spike wants 6-8 games, they're all going to have the same teams? I feel like not many people would show up if one team lost 2-3 times in a row

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Pretty sure league one year had 4 teams. Guess it depends how many want to organise a team. Not my bbq - I'd guess everything is subject to change if it goes that way though.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

2015 summer league was almost perfect if you ask me.
    We can just follow the same layout.

The only major problem was : The attendence(of good players) decides the result.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  11. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Yeah, I think that was the case last year but luckily we (some team I was on) managed to lose a game so the league stayed intact till it ran out of steam.

Our best bet would be to have drafters like FN198 and Trickster, they've managed to put together some great teams in the past.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

If people are choosing their own side you basically have to count on people not to skill stack. Luckily most people are pretty benevolent like that. No one really wants to turn up and roll these games.

13. Spike

Kay looks like lawliet is captian for one team i am still waiting for another captain to step up then everything can begin.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Why not yourself, out of curiosity? You and lawliet are about the same skill level and know everyone about the same, right? Otherwise see if you can get FN, he loves this stuff

15. Spike

I don't really want to be a captain i would rather someone else have to opportunity to do it however if i cant find anyone else or if no one steps up i suppose ill have to do it.

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Ill captain

17. Paradox

I was thinking of this format where people sign up to be captains and every week ( saturday or sunday ) 1 captain falls off untill theres only 2 left and they duke it out for the crown.
    Ill even put up a prize for the winner like 10 bucks or something. ( and age of empires HD I still have one left )

So take for example we have 4 captains, every captain plays against each other ATLEAST once. Optimal would be a best of 3 between captains. And we use the same thing we did last time, captains get in , mute gag everyone and pick their player, then just play 3 maps.

This way theres incentive to be captain. ( stroking their e penis )

18. Paradox

edit: the first 2 rounds are probably going to last a month since every captain has to play each other in a best of 3. How many matches are those like 4 captains, thats 6 rounds. 18 matches to decide which captain falls off. Then 4 rounds max of 12 rounds. Leading up to 1 round in a bo5

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Like I said, attendence will decide the result.

You can create the most balanced groups but in the end, attendence will ruin everything.

Lawliet, quite a few good players on Quebec didn't make it and that's kinda why we lost that very game.
    I nailed that before the game started, Trickster said : "Security get rid of that attitude" or something like that to me. annnnnd we actaully lost.

20. Paradox

dont make pre made groups, just pick out of the people that are there