Empires Summer League Game #2

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Jul 9, 2016.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

inb4 scrim organiser abuuuuuuuse

oh wait... no it already happened.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Reflective has always been under Projectile Physics for as long as I've played this game. Not that I have anything against a change, but just saying that it has always been that way. There's also nothing wrong with renaming Reflective to Deflective. It actually makes more sense to be honest. We should probably rename Absorbant to Absorbent, given that's the correct spelling.

Also going to agree with Security. If you made script changes, you post them. In certain circumstances, it is acceptable to do some rebalancing as the league progresses. If anything, this is the best testing you'll ever get for scripts, so as long as they're small incremental changes, I'm totally ok with that. But don't do any behind the scenes bullshit. Post the before and after changes for everyone to see.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Its the same old same old name change. Weapons got names since "pistol1 sounds dumb", noone uses them.
    Scout got changed to assault and look where we are now. Its not the validity of change thats in question, its the point of it. Theres a crapload of things in this game are are named incorrectly but changing them now is just pointless. I know of a total of like 3 people that used the term deflective and its been renamed like 4 months ago or something.

complete_ likes this.
  4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Wait it was? God damn my memory is terrible... I really wish I could do something about it.
    I don't believe that absorbent is the correct spelling but that's probably because I'm french.

5. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

He mg "fix"
    damage type change "Damage Type" "BulletExplosive" to "APBullet" thats it. i thought i posted it at the top my bad :< so it no longer deals more damage than its meant too

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I believe the correct term to be Adsorption, so ... adsorbant

7. Z100000M

The bullets stick to armours surface?

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Spike, thanks for clearing that out.

But like I said, it drops HEMG's DPS from 52.5 to 26.25.

For reference, pre-2.7.0 DUMG's DPS was 30.

It's a "fix", but it's also 50% nerf.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

100 times like

10. Z100000M

Oh and can i just add that trickster saying these things is doubly ironic since he changed nukes to HITs and guess what people call em 7 years or so afterwards.

11. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Spike stops whining + security stops the passive aggression =mega ultra script team duo that works together to bring in an empires renaissance of beautiful gameplay?

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Everything is fine. We played with the script during the game and both sides captains knew what the changes were & tested them before.
    I do agree that all changes made need to be announced in advance so research isn't impeded but that's fine.

13. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

won't make it. Anubis is begging me to waste an extra comment for this information.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Lolwhat? I didn't make that change. It was done in something like 2.2 or 2.21 way before I was on the dev team. In fact, it was so long ago that I'm pretty sure it was before I was even on the testing team, or around the time I joined.

15. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow (today).

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

We all know you are the puppeteer behind the strings

HITS have mushrooms tho, hence they are called nukes.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Cant make it tonight, they need extra lifeguards cause of Nice. Will only get off work at 9pm so Ill be maybe able to attend second game. Not sure

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I thought terrorists cant swim or go north of Brussels?

19. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I quit the scrim league. Paradox loves salt and i have predictions that tango is gonna win. Seriously, paradox is not even using teamspeak.

20. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Just for all the haters out there.

Teamspeak was not used, I just micro managed everyone and gave them orders. Teamspeak is completely stupid when not everyone is going to be in teamspeak.

These 2 games were the best games Ive played in 2016. The entire team played well. Squads listened and sticked together, engies build refs and turrets, people kill spawned.

Really sad I lost first game, but I probably deserve it for not looking at the minimap earlier, second game was amazing. Everyone played really well and I can really say I was proud at every single one of my players in whisky, except maybe blizzy, he needs to stfu more. MVP to cpatton for leading his squad really well. Great game. Love empires cause of these kind of games.

Tango put up a really good fight with those rushes middle second game.

And critawakets, you need to chill your shit. You dont tell me what to do based on you 0 experience in leading in anything empires related.

honorable mention to raider caelo and misfire for building refs when noone else wanted