empires server installation start to finish

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ghost, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I'd hazard a guess that they went ahead and made the files read only for ya.....

A couple things I'd try.

Try HLSW, except with "" as the password.

(nothing)

The server box might also need to be reset before anything works.

Just a couple thoughts.

The only reason the files wouldn't change after the files have been changed is if the server wasn't reset. It doesn't make much sense to me, but it's the only thing you really can't control that would be obviously wrong.

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Thank you for your suggestion I will pass it on to the tech guy. I tried putting "" in HLSW rcon and it came back with bad rcon :( Also I downlaoded the server.cfg file and some others..went to properties and read only is not checked off

Vicki

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Thanks recon,
    I sent him an email with link to this thread. I am very frustrated :(

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

OMG you will not believe this. My tech guy didn't tell me the empires folder in main directory is the back up in case he has to renisntall it..the files the server are using are in orangebox/empires SOOO I edited that server.cfg and it is recognizing the server name rcon etc. Next step getting metamod to work and the admin tool plugin
    Thank you all for your help and drag hit it right on the head..the server was using different files than what i was editing

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I thought it was something strange like that ;)

Have fun with your server.

6. Disgräce

Disgräce Member

Alright I am having some problems trying to run it. I am using v2.23 server, which I just downloaded, followed the steps, had someone who is very good at these things try to get it to work and couldn't.

It seems that TF2 Dedicated Server is the only one that recognizes Empires, so we went with that, and nothing seems to work.

I get a "Dedicated Server Error" "Empires\gameinfo.txt missing FileSystem key." Now I know that you have to put in the text document to get it to work, but after copying it from my Empires client, it still gives me the error. Now TF2 Dedicated server wont even start! We restarted the whole operation, and to no avail. Could someone give me some help with this?

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

8. Disgräce

Disgräce Member

Thanks a bunch, gonna give that a try! My friend gave up after digging around the coding, I don't know, the 2.23 server definitely seems to be broken.

9. Ghost

Ghost Member

Hey guys sry been out of the game for a while and havent had the 2.23 install update to the forums, ill update today and cookies and milk server will be back up and running.