Empires rumours and speculations...seeking confirmation.

Discussion in 'General' started by petemyster, May 8, 2008.

1. petemyster

petemyster Member

Rumours are flying all over the place, people leaving, people not doing anything, other people gonna continue modelling, its all a mess. Rumours that people will stop after 2.2 is released etc, and lack of updates have caused all these rumours. Everyone here is being left in the dark about whats happening with the developers and progress. Its utter shit. We are just told "be patient" "don't worry". How could we not? With the developers blog having closed and not even a new one made, and more rumours and less and less player count each day, the developers should tell us:
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

Sure some people close to the developers might know, but the majority, like me, don't have a clue whats going on.

Where is this mod going?
    Who's still actively mod-ing?
    What's gonna happen after 2.2 is released?

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Anyone that answers any of those questions will likely be shot by Krenzo.

edit: That was never a real blog, calm down. Perhaps you should go back and read the first page of it?

3. petemyster

petemyster Member

i am calm and collect, with the sun shining and the birds cheeping through the flower laiden forests. Woisa

But some answers would be nice

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

No answers mean that some, most or all all people of the community think that
    empires is a hugh f***** mess of b****** atm and nobody is there to rescue it D:

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

But answers mean that the people that know are breaking their vows of silence. This has been discussed in the testers forum. We are bound to silence. I assure you things will be fine, the best interests of the community and the mod remain at the core.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

well that whole thread only exists cause one or some people told us stuff that they shouldnt say. So your vow is not really worth a s***.

7. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I don't mind being shot -

Empires is still being worked on.
    New code is being implemented, and old code is being reworked to fix problems.

Some game mechanics will change, and some old time favorite strategies will be lost.

some active members are Mootant, Dizzy, and reef (and a few others I can't think off the top of my head)

Quit worrying guys, it's not dead :)

8. petemyster

petemyster Member

you sir, are pure win.

Now that we have re-assurance that'll last the community (and I) a month or so until i decide to go on another flaffing fit. I'd ask for a progress report but its alright, im sure there's not much to report on apart from steady progress.

Also one of the rumours was that Krenzo isn't an active coder anymore, and Megal isn't making models, are these true?

9. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I think to keep the cool on people. I think that krenzo needs to relese lots of mini updates like small bug fixes and shit so that it keeps people interested. What makes me laugh is that 2.0 only came out all of a few months ago and people are eger for big updates.

BUT all of the people wanting update means that lots of people LIKE the game AND want more. So really you should be happy that you have made such a masterpeace.

The main complantes that i have herd is there is not enough varity in game types and not enough maps. I see where they are comming from and I know it takes time to make/balance a map, but I think a release of any maps that are done before the next major update should be released should be relesed as part of the mini updates that i have mentioned. Its like when the new wall skins were realesed everyone was 'WOW they are makeing progress'. This is what we need to do to get rid of these crazy rummors and crap.

Hope ive helpd ^^^^^^

10. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Yeah, have faith. Development is still progressing on ALL fronts (though some faster than others... read into that what you will).

Official map testing is continuing as well as adding new features, sounds, and graphics.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  11. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Vess Want's exclusitivity! I want In!!!!
    grant me my wish in exchange for Favores...

12. petemyster

petemyster Member

i hope your not talking about sexual favours :/

13. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

[transformer voice] Calm Down, Calm Down. [/transformer voice]

We are preforming some major overhauls and reworks on the tech tree, HUD, role of the commander, vehicles, infantry and other core game play mechanics. I am still modeling but Im also working full time. I will open a new Dev thread when I get somthing to show.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Although that said, it doesn't really matter what the community thinks, as if that is not the case then a patch will be released and it will become evident that the mod is not entirely asterisked.

15. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I heard krenzo isn't coding anymore. I believe it was because a part of the community(specifically forum warriors) were being a bunch of retards and krenzo lost motivation(and I heard he's getting/has a job)

But he is no longer going to be the lead dev. (at least that's what I've been told)
    ----------

It's really not going in a bad direction, just a new one. Dedicated members have stepped in and offered assistance. I might even get a position as a coder after I'm done with college(at least that's when I'll apply for a position)

--------

on a side note, once valve releases the soft particle editor for the SDK, empires will be SEX. :P

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

And we can invite the four horsemen of the apocalypse round for a PUG upon its release.

17. Empty

Empty Member

DEMANDING COMMUNITY ARE DEMANDING THATCHOO GIVE US MOAR PATCHES!

... Pwease? :cute:

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

Just wait for the OB version...

...but don't ask for a release window unless you can live with 'between now and march 2012'.

Things are developing differently now. As i see it this isn't a bad thing. Krenzo did an awesome job but as is the case fo most of us his job demands a lot of time. He's still here though, but others have taken over some important duties.

- Work on the orange box version hasn't stopped. It's actually going rather well i believe.
    - Bug fixes are going well too (although i can imagine the OB version introducing new ones of course).
    - Some older plans have been put aside for the time being, while lots of new plans have taken their place.

Don't expect incredibly fancy stuff though. I think the focus at the moment lies more on polishing the game in every possible aspect, before continuing with bigger stuff.

I think i stayed vague enough.

19. petemyster

petemyster Member

i didn't think the 2.2 port would come out, i just didn't think 3.0 would ever make it. Im still pesimistic about it, but i'll sit silently and watch intentively. Also Megal ty for the list, why couldn't that have all just been made public in the 1st place? :p

20. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Secrets are fun, but it's really because things are a little still up in the air, so why bother releasing information which could shortly change anyway?