Empires Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'General' started by Smithy, Sep 14, 2016.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

and you base that on?

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Maths, testing, experience, intelligence, common sense, pick one.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

bring back coordinates on audio icon so when someone says on audio.. I need ammo, engis know where the person is.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i base mine on having hosted a server 2 years just to figure this shit out, the client sees the round hit the tank and blow up, the server logs the round hitting the tank, bouncing off and blowing up closer to the one that fired.

a second later the server corrects the client on its damage and everyone but the guy that fired the round sees the round bounce

BlackRedDead likes this.
  5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Even if the round exploded INSIDE the fucking tank, Standard Cannon does 50 damage AT MOST, 2 plates of Composite is 160 health (without all the damage reduction), 3 shots destroyed all of the 2 plates of composite. Something is not working as it should.

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Sure, but admins get gun shy of taking action because every time they do they end up being argued with in game on allchat and everyone tries to get their opinion in. Which bring me to another pet peeve
    players arguing with admins.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

We cant have these players thinking they have a say in stuff amirite?

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

NUBS has a steam group and me or any admin can be messaged on steam.
    But to disrupt the server with arguing and attacking admins is counterproductive.
    This happens frequently
    If anyone has an issue with any action taken they can do it on steam.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  9. Avatarix

why not update the rules to 'anyone arguing with admins gets a silence', that way no one will get ever offended and the rules will be always executed as they are thought to be
    btw @Smithy is this how you wanted to lead the thread?

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

@0

also to add to the thread: the horribly outdated pipeline for content creation.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

no arguing with admins is rule #2 on NUBS motd, has been there for a long time.
    We don't need to specify punishments for each rule broken.
    Its the players responsibility to read the rules.

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Unless its a vet

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Dont know of any veterinaries amongs server admins

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I ment unless its a vet doing something wrong

15. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Yes actually, I had hoped we could separate game issues from community issues; but still a lot of good feedback here.

This is a big one for me, even small tasks are a huge deal because everything takes so fucking long using these tools.

Pretty much agree with all of these.

This is actually a really easy fix, just a value change to tell it how long to animate. Unfortunately it's hard coded though, I'll halve the animate time for a future release.

I've commented on most of what you posted. That's a really good list, definitely helpful. I would have also commented on other people's things but ScardyBob's list took me forever haha.

Tama and BlackRedDead like this.
  16. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

@Smithy:
    what does "Pet Peeves" mean? (answered)

some stated that there is no way to build ref fast - thats just not true!
    if someone calls for air support just hit "space" and whatever key you bind refs to! ;-)
    tough it's a bit buggy at large populations when to many ppl call anything else xP
    (idk wich actually issue event jump other than "air support" - needs to be tested)

@VulcanStorm:
    you drag a box around units - also in conjunction with "A"ttack order ;-)

other than the stated ones:
    - emp_money got replaced with old version
    emp_money0094.jpg
    Unbenannt.png
    emp_money_cl0096.jpg
    - grenadier mine counter on the left side instead right as befor the HUD update (mines layed and mines left in hand on 1 sight)
    - reasonless "uneven terrain" & "something in the way" building issues (reported "here")
    - no legacy HUD (the old one until the new one is fixed)
    - no propper balancing concept (atm you/devs are just adjusting values but with no visible plan - that cause that incredible gap between weapons making some useless over others!)
    - vehicle driving (it gotten better ov er the years tough! - and mostly it's just because of the stupid source engine)
    - restricted vehicle aiming (i understand why, to give infantry a chance!, but with the current angle restrictions it puts you in helpless situations at most maps that aren't flat!)
    - instant shot mortars (just works against mortar concept, it's a siege weapon! - this makes grenadiers actually OP because it is a 90% guaranteed infantry kill at CQC)
    - mines on infantry only maps (they can block ways totaly on some maps! - my personal suggestion is to lower infantry dmg to 100, wich leaves health skilled players a gap to counter "mine fortresses"!)
    - the damn peeshooter turrets! (suggestion already "here")
    - many more things i can't recall yet xP

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

a pet peeve is something that annoys you

BlackRedDead likes this.
  18. Caelo

Caelo Member

How about not being able to enter the driver seat and thus getting forced into a passenger seat?

19. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

@BlackRedDead The problem is that you have to drag a box... You should just be able to click on a target, but it never seems to hit them...

The same issue is with selecting things.

20. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

• Being stuck in a vehicle, unable to leave, because some exit area is blocked, and I can't move the vehicle. (have to suicide)
    • A bug after exiting commandview that causes you to be viewing from below the CV; this means you have to move around using the minimap as your only guidance.
    • Commandview doesn't have noclip, so it gets stuck on things - some commanders even refuse to play maps like streetsoffire.
    • That shell/missile damage is dependent on the distance to the origin of your targets model (the center of mass, not the center of volume, but an undetectable point somewhere within the model)
    • That you have no indication of how much damage each shot actually dealt, let alone why (to discover weapon-armour counters, the weirdness I just described, or even more weirdness or bugs I don't yet know about)
    • That there are so few players.

BlackRedDead likes this.