Empires League: Season 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Broccoli, Jan 14, 2008.

?

Which of the following would you like to see in season 2?

1. Format 1: Ladder

33.3%
  2. Format 2: Global Domination

27.5%
  3. Both Formats

34.8%
  4. There shouldn't be a season 2

4.3%
  1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

you're wrong. risk is for pubbers who join NF or BE.

Clans get ladder

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

huh?! but... but... that's not the point at all! then the risk map is just an ammusing alternative to playing ordinary servers.

wait, perhaps I havn't been quite clear before. the risk game is open for pubbers but is specifically to allow clans that havn't played empires to play together as a team (perhaps with some pubbers) so that they can get their clans interested in playing empires. riiiight?

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah something like that

Essentially it's just to show the newbies the matches that made us vets stick around and have them play in them

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Yeah. If the whole clan joins NF they can talk to the NF leaders about letting them play together in a match. It's up to the leaders of NF and BE.

5. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Where are these leaders coming from?

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

They volunteer for the position. You want to be one?

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Perhaps there should be a newbie quota... that you can't have the games entirely made of veteran players.

8. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

That is up to the leaders of the factions. Hopefully they will be fair

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I still belive that League refs should head each faction and not random people

10. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Do others agree with him? We could do that

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Being a faction leader is part of the fun, one of the participants should take that role, ofc he should be voted into the position.
    If it doesn't work out or the rules arent completed, I guess season2 could be used as a test and the leadership role would be taken by a referee.

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Because the factions are huge; consisting of up to 50 including "Casual" clans, I promise you that it will be a nightmare to choose a faction leader; each clan might push their own members foward and in the end no one will be satisfied.

I belive that the league refs should act as the ultimate word; sure they themselves might elect some sort of another leadership system, but if something goes wrong, they are there to gloss things over. To not prepare for that is very short sighted...

13. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

The faction leaders will be a forum group with special priviledges... meaning there could be a council of 10 NF leaders. Doesn't need to be just one guy

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

The clan problem can easily be fixed with putting all participants into smaller groups, this way votes can be done by groups, like states and the game line ups have to follow certain rules, that way it will be fair and only the experience of the leader counts, not which clan he is in. Referees are clanners too, what you're suggesting might not be more fair, it might even be less fair.

A referee can always be chosen as leader if needed, but by having participants be able to become a leader makes sure the best person(s) available get the position(s).

It all depends on how many people join the global domination, depending on that amount the teams will be divided into smaller "divisions." If there would really be 50 people on both teams then most likely the leadership positions and their responsibility would be divided so that nobody ever has absolute power.
    A good way I see it is that there would be one general that calls the shot on the main strategy, in terms of the risk map, there would be a few working generals that also double as his advisors. One of those generals could be the guy communicating with the enemy, making the matches possible, 2 others would have the role of making a balanced decision on the lineup, another could deal with organisation between divisions etc. It depends whether people want to take these roles and if it would work, but I think with a good system it can work out and double the fun of being part of an alliance.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'd say the league has finally struck gold. this idea is absolutely amazing. I would honestly dedicate all of my gaming time to the NF's campaign.

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Thats what I was preaching before season 1 started; I am just alot more cautious now...

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

So can we do this even tho were part of a clan? This seems fun... I cant choose who I want to join tho... BE or NF

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

what we should probably do is for this is pick out 3-5 vets that know the game for each teams generals, then also pick out new guys as generals. that way new ppl can really learn the tactics behind empires. i volunteer for some tactical stuff for NF, for some reason i know tactics like the back of my hand, yet suck at everything else :p

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008