Empires League 2017 Sign up and information thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Well, no we were all off topic there but then you were going into how you would rate it. Kind of different.

Either way, okay. I hope it is half the amount of players, if i play.

Edit: Changed a word from all capitals.

Edit 2: And I also think it's all our jobs to get each other on topic. We all get off topic so quick.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yes it was agreed on half the players, i think the 10 vehicle limit is just a remainder.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Can that number be changed on the fly? I thought that was some at server start kinda setting. I ask because number of players is going to more then however many "I'll be there"s you can get.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Oh the drama is gonna be huge.

Sign me up for Brenodi, they have the most EPIC folks.
    The vehicle limit is gonna be lulz, kill an enemy in a jeep and leave the jeep intact = 300s of the enemy having 1 less vehicle.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

The jeep selfdestruct time is probably going to be set to 120 or 60s. I did voice my concern that something like this would happen.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

60s sounds like pit stop to me.

I think 120 will do.

7. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Is this not this Saturday? What the actual fuck Spike, I took off from work for dis shit.

8. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

I don't think it's going to happen this Saturday (we're still planning some things)

9. Lazybum

I feel like jekotia is still missing a solid commander. I know you have spike now, but I think it would definitely be better for your team if he's on the ground. I'd honestly say teef is currently your best option to have in the seat, but I have a pretty good feeling he doesn't want to do it. Sure there's other good commanders, but they don't have a mic and I really feel like it works better in these matches to have a comm that can keep everyone updated on what's going on, or at least spam attack orders all the time like I saw jephir do in several vids.

I know you can be pretty decent acolyte, but I hesitate a bit because of the number of times I see you hobbes your team, and the number of times you get ninja'd(though those ninja's might have been you hobbesing, it's hard to tell at times). I can guarantee with the way teams are whoever is in the comm seat needs to be someone who can actually predict when they are about to get ninja'd, because honestly the skill level you are going to play against can and will destroy the cv in under 10 seconds. So once you are stunned or killed out of cv it's basically gg right there.

Actually, what team is lawliet even on? I thought brenodia but I don't see him on either group.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

If you dont get a comm with atleast a score of 24 on xyas list yer gunna lose

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You shouldn't overrate(or underrate) how our regular comms handle ninja situations in scrims.

For underrate, I know for sure it's pretty hard to ninja Hobbes in a scrim because he knows his shit in a scrim.

For overrate, don't get me start on how Jephir lost the fucking CV for two and a half time for me, in a row. (The third time he went down to yellow hull and we saved him.)

Lawliet also almost lost his CV in Summer League, he didn't die due to a mistake on the enemy team (one guy didn't follow I think).

Now, in scrims I have to keep telling my comm to relocate because they are ignorant as hell that they don't consider an enemy squad or APC that's only 1~2 squares away a serious threat.

EDIT: I am not to despise said comms. But when things get serious, one shouldn't assume a comm would just fuck up or not.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Acolyte and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  12. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

Hey, I went through a "Phase" of boom-tanking for a while in pub matches, just to see how much i could get away with it. Look, I'm fairly capable when I take things seriously (I'm going to take the league seriously, obviously, because i want it to be an overall fun -but stressful- experience) I've gotten much better at telling when the enemy team is trying to rush me, and/or setting up base defenses/being in a better location (so that the enemy team doesn't find me just twiddling my thumbs in main) And, if you've played any pub matches with me as comm recently, i think you'll notice i don't boom-tank nearly as much (More, hang back, build turrets, buildings sort of thing) I totally understand the concern of me being comm in a scrim (I've done it once before, more than a year ago) However, i think i can work very well with squad leaders (especially spike) to win the game and make good tactical decisions.
    For example, I turned a game of canyon around as NF, by doing the basic strategy of defending one location, sending my team to split their territory in half, and then dividing and conquering (I also researched full upgraded gren, which helped a Ton) So, in terms of strategy, i think I've gotten better.
    Otherwise, my research i think is fine (reactive, 3-phase Nf, guided, bio mg/he mg, meds, upgraded gren 1/2) is generally what i start out with, depending on the map. So, I don't know, I just think everyone just remembers everything bad I've done, and not the amount of smooth game's and exciting turn arounds I've helped facilitate.

13. Lazybum

Fair enough, like I said I know you can be decent and quite honestly I haven't been around to play many games recently. I just remember you dying in odd places, and generally out of the cv unable to do anything.

Security, I know all that, I'm just speaking from what I've seen so far about who seems capable enough.

14. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I'm pretty mediocre at spotting ninjas, but I am too long gone from the commander game, therefore I am rusty, and plus commanding is a stressful chore (plus all my binds are screwy). That being said, if the game were more active, I would be able to properly unrust and maybe command a team. I'm good at dealing with rushes, I'm terrible at dealing with unexpected ninjas. I do believe I have good commander etiquette when it comes to parking next to the barracks and between MG turrets, as I have learned from when Kinote messed up during a scrim.

15. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

LAWIET SCOUT SCOUT THERES A SCOUT HELP ME KILL HIM QUICKLY HES GONNA NINJA ME SCOUT SCOUT FUCKING SCOUT
    I just get really paranoid when im commanding especially late game, remember that game on isle laiwet ?

16. Sitka

Sitka Member

+1 for jekotia if the commander is competent
    unless its too late in which case welp

Ranger likes this.
  17. Minato

Minato Member

I'd like to believe that I'm a decent comm candidate for NF, but we'll work it out. Would be nice if we got even more people on this though

flasche and Xyaminou like this.
  18. Avatarix

decent commander? you literally blocked me on steam and made it unable to work with you

Minato likes this.
  19. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I didn't know blocking people on steam made you a bad commander.
    Guess I should add it to my form "do you have anyone blocked on steam, if yes you're a bad commander!".

20. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Idiot