Empires can't be downloaded from steamcmd using an anonymous login.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CyberKiller, Mar 1, 2014.

1. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Empires can't be downloaded from steamcmd using anonymous login + other steam stuff

Empires can't be installed using the anonymous login with steamcmd, instead the following error appears:
    Code:
    ERROR! Failed to install app '17740' (No subscription)
    The command line used was:
    Code:
    C:\Servers\Games\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\Servers\Games\Empires\TestDownload +app_update 17740 validate +exit
    The only way around this is to create a steam account for the server and use that with steamcmd instead.

Not sure if this is fixable by the empires devs but I thought I should share it anyway as all other servers download just fine using this method.
    Maybe this will fix it's self with the source 2013 port or maybe all steam-side stuff needs sorting out before the next patch.

As a side note a few other things are wrong with empires on steam:
    • Clicking the Community Hub button on the empires' steam store page takes you to the half-life 2 hub instead.
    • Empires is not listed in the steam store listings except for typing 'Empires Mod' into the search. EDIT: Disregard this, It seems you can find it, but it's not listed under 'games', but under a 'mods' listing that's hard to find.
    • Empires store page says that ownership of a source game is required to play, I understand that this is no longer the case and that source sdk base 2013/2007 is available to everyone.

I made the two points above a separate thread in the suggestions forum.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014