Empires acting wierd again: Bumpy and Can't place refs.

Discussion in 'Support' started by LordDz, Dec 15, 2009.

1. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Yes. When I think I've had most of the bugs that Empires can give me, it starts to show more! :D

These things mostly only happen on Learning Server, at least I think so.
    In a barrack, my view shakes a LOT. It's like I'm proning, with a shake at the same time. I am not proning and I'm pretty sure my Character looks fine from the outside.

2. Sometimes when in the commander seat, I can't place refineries, they don't attach themself over the ref points, instead they are always red. I usually have to have someone else drop me the refineries when that happens.

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I have that first bug on local servers too, but I don't have a clue what might be causing it.

For the second one, do you have a way to reproduce it every time? that would be helpful to find the bug.

3. LordDz

Not sure, all the time I've been a scout with vehicle speed and been voted into the com. Not sure if I voted myself (sometimes that bugs a bit too). The map it happened on was emp_cyclopean also happened on some other map I don't remember the name of.

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

emp_glacial especially. On NF, if your ref gets destroyed, you can't rebuild it (well at least I couldn't).

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

no thats my fault :(
    But shame on you for losing your main ref as NF there.

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Yeah well, I was busy boomtanking on the southeast area (with support, and walls blocking off the ridge), the other half of my team was pushing north-east and north-middle. How am I supposed to pay attention to a lone scout-nub :U

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I find they occur together. The most recent one happened on slaughtered (I had to jump out of the CV and let someone else place the first ref for NF).

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Let's check for most probable reasons first: How many beers did you have before connecting to the server?

9. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Stop spamming mcgyver, this is a known issue but i have no clue why it happens. either get out of the thread or contribute something constructive.

10. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I get the same 2 bugs on occasion. The shaking seems to only happen when I am commanding, and I start as scout with vehicle speed. Possibley related, on duststorm as NF, got the shake bug and I was unable to repair the starting barracks and refinery.

As for the placement, on cyclopiean as NF, the base refinery did not show up as valid refinery points and I managed to drop a barracks over one of the nodes.
    On tropical vendeta as BE, the first ref point north of the starting base was not dropable, started as engineer with repair upgrade.
    Both times i was voted in and voted for myself.
    I have also seen this happen at the dam ref (on mvalley?), but I was not com on that round.

Hope this helps a bit.

11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

So is this a game-related or map-related? I notice it happening more and more on some refs, but other refs are always fine.

12. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Thermodynamics.

You can't get something free forever!

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

is the shaking like a very minimal one, only noticable when standing close to the building model and not moving?

if so yes, i have it

if its a heavy really annoying shake then no, never seen it

14. LordDz

Actually, the shaking one, I think I've had it all the time.

The HEAVY shaking, think of it as going from standing to prone very quickly and up again.

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I only get it when in/touching a building.

16. LordDz

Which one? The lesser one?

17. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I get the heavy one only in buildings
    its like siesmics are going off around you and you are walking on the groundof the map instead of the floor of the buildings

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

what we need is for an admin to be around when this occurs to run ent_dump "resnodeentityname"

that will tell us if the entity is simply spawning disabled or enabled or isn't changing it's settings etc.

would look something like this:

] ent_dump res_10
    Enabled: 1
    MaxResources: -1
    ResourcesSecond: 1
    classname: emp_resource_point
    hammerid: 860
    effects: 80
    friction: 1.00

Other issue would be if it isn't recognizing the com as a particular team. Do you have trouble spawning because of the too few spawn points when this happens?

19. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

I get that same shaking but I always thought it was a source code thing cause I get it all the time in Gmod when you stand on a prop and I was told that it was a source code problem.

20. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

alot of this keeps happening to me but mostly on Slaughtered, as NF sometimes i cant drop the ref NW and Middle near the tower and also have the bug when u stop and jump ontop of a flag ammo box(ur screen starts shaking and cant shoot for s***), its now on raxes and radars idk why but its annoying cuz i cant build it.