Empires 2.9.0 released

Discussion in 'News' started by Tama, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Okay, this is one I have an issue with. Chain guns are already shit. The reload time is outrageous, which is why they have such a large clip size.

Chain guns are hardly worth their weight, with lag correction they hardly hit things. You've said sticky should be buffed because if a rifleman reaches a tank, he deserves the kill, fine. But then you make it 40% easier for him to reach that tank?

If you'd said you were going to do this earlier, like in your thread instead of saying you've already done it, I think you would have generated a lot more... Discussion, to say the least :P

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

My field/personal experience disagree entirely with "CG is shit".
    I always pick CG over std MG if I have the weight quota and I also see CG being used everywhere.
    Especially Med CG.
    Unless you want to say that we don't know std MG is clearly better(which is false).

Also you just HAVE to connect this with sticky rifleman, ignoring that 80% infantry you encounter are engineer/grenadier/rifleman without sticky.
    Okay, I give up, let's buff HE Cannon and give it 700 explosion radius so sticky rifleman(as well as other classes) can go to hell, right?

Nuke > HE CN/Plasma CN >= 50 cal > Std CN > CG >= std MG, in terms of anti-infantry ability.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Forgot to type before I accidentally clicked post.

Std I feel is a lot more accurate than Chain gun so if you need to focus in I feel like it can be better but I think the differentiation between the two is entirely situational.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I agree.
    I am just saying that I disagree with "CG is shit".

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Chain gun is by far the most hollywood of empires weapons. Shoots a fuckton of bullets, looks very flashy and only connects with the target if the plot demands it.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't think I ever use chain gun because I need that 20 weight for something else, like armor. I use med chain gun all the time though, great results would recommend.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

They have the same spread, CG throws 75% as much bullet as Med CG.
    Med CG does deal much higher damage.(why I dropped it.)

If you think Med CG is that good(with 20 more weight), CG shouldn't be a horrible option for you.

8. Lazybum

It is on a light tank, can't have full plates with CG. Only bother with med cg on apcs really where I can afford a plate for a better weapon. For meds there's he cannon or bio ml, though I might put med cg if I'm dealing with loads of infantry and we don't have 50 cal.

9. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

If you can approach a 10 ton war machine without it driving away and/or shooting at you, then you deserve the sticky kill.

10. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

That is true... But...

I feel sticky does impact light tanks significantly. With reactive armour perhaps being the best against it...

I have run an absorbent light tank, ran into a turret (damaged my front a bit, was still green though). Then I got 1 shot stickied.

With full abs armour on a LT;1 sticky makes the hull flash red, and wipes both plates of armour. I feel this is perhaps slightly too strong, or a suitable counter to dirt cheap LTs...

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Game design by git gud.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

so how does this version play anyway? cant infer from the posts

13. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

can't tell, too many noobs.

14. Lazybum

Just to confirm, does stickies multiply the damage to vehicles by 2 or is it some flat number? I know it does more then what scripts say but I don't remember what.

15. Lazybum

I wanted to ask why res income was changed from green to yellow. I'm so used to green=good yellow=caution red=bad. Or is the reason it keeps looking yellow to me is because it's telling me a ref is damaged or sabbed so income is less then usual? I just want to know how color coding for it works.

16. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

The colour goes from red through yellow to green, then once you get to very high values (such as on emp_money) it will fade from green to white. The colour coding was meant to also show commanders the difference between various maps in terms of total income, not to show the income relative to half of the maximum income of the map. By tieing directly to the actual income value (apart from recycling, as has been pointed out), people can gain a feeling for what is "a lot" of income, and what is less; I hope this will help people to tie the tactics employed by good commanders on certain maps to the relative income of the map.

17. Lazybum

Oh, so it's tied to total income of the map? So I could assume that if it's green it means we have map control, because we have more refs than them producing res, and yellow showing we have around half the map refs? That's neat.

18. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

No, you misread. It's not tied to the map income, just directly mapped to the actual income, so that you can see that soms maps just have more res than others in general, and adjust your strategy to fit.

19. Lazybum

I have no idea what scale it's using then. What do you mean by actual income? The only thing relative to anything is the map income. There's no other sources of income on a map besides refineries and flags so what else is being used to determine actual income? I feel lost here.