Empires 2.52.1 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I changed the names, since Pistol 1 and 2 are pretty dopey. They don't really have any story basis, they're just dev and contributor names. If we actually get around to deciding better names for some of these (I mean X-Pistol is kinda bleh, even for me, but it's a FalconX tribute), then they can instantly be changed by any dev.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, I've never liked it when the in-game name doesn't match the name used casually by the community.

The only reason "hit missile" still exists is because changing the research name would probably fuck up a couple maps.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Most people still refer to them as pistol 1/2 etc., especially as that's the name that pops up when you're killed by one in Viper.

Edit: oh yeah I remember I made this post to make fun of X-Pistol. It's a silly name. Though I remember being upset you didn't use the wiki name for the rocket launcher.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yeah, I do too, but it looks crappy in the menus. They deserved names, whatever they are.

I didn't rename the rocket launcher at all, actually. I don't even remember what was in the wiki.

5. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I found my post from when this change occurred:

Unfortunately, the wiki is still down as of now, so you can't go and take a look at the pages.

However, WarFle is still a dumb name. I remembered things the opposite of how they were: I am so glad you did not use this.