Empires 2.23 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kylegar, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

There is an interesting sideline here that the team that performs the best with infantry, will get the most resources and thus the most tanks, which would sort of point to them going to win anyway. It sounds really strange, and it's not that straight forward, but in theory, that's how it should be.

Anyway, the point I think we should be taking home is that things have been changed right now, to enable further changes. It's not going to be good right now, but later it'll make sense. 'Til then, it's not really going to be too hard to grin and bear it, is it? (I say this while also being on the BE pug team).

2. Sirex

Sirex Member

It is my belife that just lowering all armour health with a good amount will fix the problem, rpg&stickys&ml turrets will be able to damage vehicles and scare hold em off. Becasue seriously a pure tank force attacking a pure anti-tank ifnantry force should not win by a landslide as they do now, the tank force should either have to bring in artillery (i consider mortar bombbarding when i say artillery) or infantry support to kill off enemy infantry so the tanks can attack.

Also it will get rid of the standard tank humping, medium and heavys driving in to each other, because driving that close to the enemy would make you the fireball for the enemy and with less HP you would die. Also indirectly fixing the light tank humping AFV, sence getting that close and stationary will allow AFV infantry support or other AFV to kill of light tank.

Offtopic:
    [DISCLAIMER!!!] Yes i know everyone on this forum hates reallife and history but this is just a side note and not an argument[/DISCLAIMER!!!]
    In real life tanks are actuall to vonrable to make breakthrougs, when the Germans broke through vs the french in ww2, the attacking forces making the breach was done by infantry supported by artillery and tanks that acted as long range cannon support from a distance. Tanks had alwaysed been a weapon more to use after a breakthour, not make the breakthrough.

3. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

In other news, I'm working on scripts for this game again. (Destroyer is helping me lots with testing though, so I should say we.)
    Yayyyy.

I'm not going to bother to really talk in detail since I know Dizzy isn't going to change things how I want and how I think Empires would be best.
    I hate current balance. Massive power creep coming on.

4. zenarion

zenarion Member

How about we make RPG rockets and turret rockets actually fast enough to catch a light tank and kill it?
    It looks like tom and fucking jerry to me right now, with a rocket chasing a tank.

5. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I think it would be nice if we had a post about what the devs were thinking about including in the upcoming releases. For example, Insurgency posted some great information about their planned Beta 3 release.

The community is full of suggestions and ideas but we get little feedback on what (if any) of these ideas are going to be included. We also don't have a clear idea of what the devs intend for the mod. I think thats why we get a flood of angry/negative threads after each release because everyone has their own idea of what Empire's should be and that conflicts with the not-clearly-stated dev's vision of Empires.

6. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Needs moar blimp.

I say we all go back to 2.12, and just test the new version every now and then.

eventually it'll work out.

7. Jonat

Jonat Member

Perhaps dropping the number of tanks that can be fielded by each side would help? as it stands most games are 10-20 a side and both can (usually) put out about 14 tanks.

And if one tank can take on 2-5 infantry + turrets, 14 tanks can take on 28-70 infantry.

(also, the germans went around french defenses by going through poland...)

8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Rail + nuke spam.. YAY ^^ + deathlazors.

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You fail at geography!

10. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Just to correct... Germans went through Netherlands and Belgium. Poland is to the east.. :)

11. Omneh

Omneh Member

I think Jonat is Thinking With Portals.

12. Sirex

Sirex Member

Please never comment about history ever again.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Did they dug a tunnel from poland to france?

14. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

It's what everyone least expected!! perfect!!

15. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The problem with speeding up RPG rockets is that I think we'd have to outright reduce the damage they do to infantry, then, in order to prevent them from being used to snipe infantry. Right now they're too slow to be good at it, but it could be a problem if they're sped up.

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Give the rpg rocket some inaccuracy like making it spin around itself

17. Sirex

Sirex Member

They have anounced that they have new modifiers so i think that would be doable.

18. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

There was a lot of discussion about how important tanks are for empires.
    Of course tanks are very important so in my opionion they should also cost more.
    There is no need (and often no space) that everyone in the team gets a tank.

My suggestion is to raise the cost for each tank by 30% (or even more).
    This will result, that the team with more ressources will win and/or the team which carry more about their expensive tanks.
    So tanks will have an important role add mid and endgame. But because there won't be so many tanks, supporting infantry will become more important.

Also the armor should be lowered to 2.22 level (noone likes the additional armor).

19. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Ehhh... the problem with this is that if you make them too expensive, one newbie who makes a tank can screw over your entire team.

Also, what server do you play on? Tanks aren't that cheap. Are you sure you're not playing on a x2 res server by mistake?

20. Sirex

Sirex Member

More expensive tanks would be nice, right now tanks are quite spammable even on regukar settings, just that everyone don't get tanks when they can.