Empires 2.0 - Nov 30

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Watch the Empires 2.0 trailer: Gametrailers.com

Empires 2.0 will be released on Nov 30 and contains more bug fixes and new features than all of the previous releases combined. Visit the Empires 2.0 Press Site for more information about version 2.0 including a summarized feature list, full change log, and screenshots.

The press site has been put together by the Empires community led by Evan who is also running the Empires League. The Empires League's goal is to create and maintain a community where clans can compete in officiated matches. If you are a clan interested in participating, visit the Empires League site and sign up.

2. petemyster

petemyster Member

yay my first first post :-P
    THERE IS A GOD!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

3. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Join us in #empiresmod on GameSurge for a good time.

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Months of hard work went into creating version 2.0, i hope people will like it.

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

they better.....i want my 18v18 multiplayer :-P
    I take it the party will be on the offical empires server?

6. picard131

picard131 Member

Ahaha! Wooo!!! It's been a long road to 2.0, but it was so worth it! Thanks to all the other testers and the mod team themselves, who poured their time and talents into this massive project :D

7. petemyster

petemyster Member

lol there was the senior member who said on the forums earlier on today that it would be released on the 30th! Yeah it was a very very.....loooooong road. Great work developers, hope your work wasn't in vane :-/

WAIT A SECOND!!
    Insurgency is released on the 21st or something, meaning that the hype for it might be over and people will play empires, or the insurgency 2.0 might be soo good that people would be content with it and not be bothered playing empires yet, making the servers not as populated and pushing people away slightly? Tell me im not awesome :-p

WAIT A 2ND SECOND (yeah triple edit)
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/2570/empires
    if you want to generate hype, you might want update the page and get the moddb people to make a awesome, well deserved review for it :-p

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  8. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

why would anyone play insurgency2 when you can play empires 2.0

9. Melee

Melee Member

after looking through Mod-db for hours going through all the HL2 mods I downloaded Sourceforts - Insurgency - strider and about 3 others which i deleted straight away and my thoughts are : sourceforts is fun for ten minutes then its too repetetive, no ones playing strider and Insurgency is nothing like Empires the gameplay is more Counterstrike'ish and yet the gameplay is not team oriented , at least no one was working together when i played and i even tried initiating teamplay but they want to be ave'go'hero's so it got boring very quick.
    The whole point of Empires is that teamwork , giving orders and listening to orders makes a difference and its fun and easy to get into quickly.
    The only game ive seen that looks anything like Empires is http://www.armedassault.com/features.html and after playing it on a friends comp "yea it costs money", it is too much of a simulation like microsoft flight sim focusing on graphics, nice choppers tho' .
    I dont think Empires has any competition .

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

wow team fortress with garbage graphics i'll be sure to avoid this one.

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

/me slaps Broccoli around a bit with a large trout

/then vivisects him

12. petemyster

petemyster Member

lol you must have been on a bad server of insurgency, it good when everyone on mic etc. I'd also agree about sourceforts, except i took 3 hours. Also insurgency knocked major mods off the top, but yeah empires is better and id play it over insurgency, but that's me.....

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

"Pfft, it looks free." These gametrailers.com comments are hilarious. Why didn't anyone tell me Crysis was being released! We can't compete with that!

14. Silk

Silk Mapper

Ha, after all the hype i don't even want crysis anymore. If i buy anything in the future it'll be farcry2.
    But the one game i'll play most, will always be empires.
    Or maybe empires: the sequel, who knows.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

"the sub-Crysis visuals instantly make this mod I've never played before a total fucking waste of existence. now, if you'll excuse me, i'll go flame another mod i've never heard of before"

16. davee magee

davee magee Member

nawww
    stick around and flame this one
    and then turn around when it becomes popular and say you were for it all along

<insert politicians name here>

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

[rant]
    I can't belive everyone is quacking "Crysis Crysis" Like a bunch o freaking ducks... Sure the game has so much technical graphical proficiency that my GPU will jump out and kick me in the crotch... But why the hell is everyone comparing every single game where you hold a gun to Crysis without making any clear distinction about: What engine is used, how old the game is and such...

I bet if those people played Quake or Doom or DukeNukem; they would say "It sux; Crysis is better"

People like that make my blood boil; and my wallet thin; because they keep the drive for games that are cutting edge laser toaster ovens... (Though Crysis is good; but It pisses me off to see everyone comparing everything to Crysis)

I remeber a couple of years back when FEAR screenshots were just coming out; and when I played the demo I thought "Wholy Shit" now look at it... :(
    [/rant]

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

They're just children...most of them haven't even played doom or heard of wolfenstein 3d. The rest are the kind of people who never bothered to get system shock or didn't even see sacrifice's trailer. Of course they won't know a good thing when they see it...sheep will be sheep after all :rolleyes:

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I can't wait for the release, it will be a great time indeed

Thanks a lot team for your hard work (though it's not over!)

20. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Is it safe to crawl back from under the rock yet? :) I need something to cure my TF2 addiction... Can Empires be my hero(again)? Time will tell. I see you finally added sticky bombs, so I hopefully don't have to post about them ever again. :D

:) I'll be waiting for 30th.