Empires 2.0 Client Released!

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

yeah, his sentence "I just experienced the finest teamplay on HL2" should be used to convince others to try empires. It IS what empires is good at.

2. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It mostly depends on the commanders... If the commander got his act together then it should be fine...

All of the veteran commanders should com for the first week exclusivley untill everyone knows what to do (Relativley speaking)

4. Opie

Opie Member

Congratulations, What a release! At 1:52pm EST I calculate there are 564 people playing on 36 servers an average of almost 16 people per server. Very nice!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  5. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

woooohhooooo!
    Cant wait to play :D

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

There's over 850 people playing right now (11 pm GMT)

7. Ganks

Ganks Banned

it takes 50% teamplay and 50% tactics

Most of the time its not that people make mistakes, but that they don't know to do certain things. So they get walked over. Got to know the tactics AND the layout.

I dont mean empires but games in general. Some people just dont have the capacity to see the whole picture. I think thats what they call sequential thinking; people who can only see straight down the line.

8. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

:p

I have played Empires total of 12 hours straight. And that was from 9pm till 9am. I tried to break my record on Friday and I started at the same time as earlier, 9pm, but I only made it to 6am. Then I was too tired and went to bed. =D

9. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

Just got back home and now I'm downloading at a nice rate of 700KB/S, the torrent is just awesome :)

Good to see that empires is back with lots of players, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to play, got a math test at university tomorrow...

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

You have to set your priorities. Empires is waaaay more important!

Try to do a good exam, so that playing empires can be your reward tomorrow.

11. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

only 12 lol?

I played about 15 the day it came out. It was the greatest day in empires ever >_<

Newbs who wanted to listen to me as comm, a lot of victories, and too many screenshot moments ahaha

12. Silk

Silk Mapper

Simon had a less pleasant comming experience today though. Some people who thought they were experienced wouldn't listen and kept insulting him all the time. After ensuring them that simon knew what he was doing, and asking some of them to stop complaining and start playing like adult, i had to kick the worst one of them when he didn't stop.

The best part is that when simon get sick of their complaints, he exited the comm, took a tank, and won the game by himself. It still didn't convince them though.

Next match he was first with score, and defeated nf. Still one of the few complainers had to mention his noob skills. I simply quit. Simon was the guy under fire, but i got so frustrated myself that i just had to quit.

Also just to mention it, we had a few complaints about bsid clanstacking on our server, and in that canyon match there really were 3 bsid on BE, and none on NF. I mentioned it there but didn't give a real warning yet, because i really wanted you guys to utterly crush the team with the complainers to teach them a lesson. Just be aware of it in the future, and things should be ok.

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I have seen some n00bish behaviour, but generally people seem to be adapting to the game nicely. Some still have that CS attitude, but they seem to fall pretty quickly.

I had to give a lesson in reviving earlier on district. Our team lost, but I'd like to think that I taught them something in the process...

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

If i get voted in, as i drive off to make a fwd barracks I like to say "CAN THIS THING FLOAT?" "LETS FIND OUT!"

15. Ganks

Ganks Banned

That is exactly why I still don't like BSID. They are like that and frankly do not care at all. They are the worst type of gamer and you will never see me in the same server as them. It's completely noob and an utter waste of time.

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dude, why do you hate us so much? Did we rape your family or something? Unless you can come up with some actual EVIDENCE showing us clanstack against COMPLETE newbies, shut up and stop slandering us.

Also, I've sent you a PM.

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Some of BSID are a bit interesting and you have to look at them sideways to see them in the right light (HSM and simon ofc :p ), but the rest of them are generally good guys and i've had a lot of fun playing alongside and against Opie, Harlequin and even Beerdude when he's been spotted.

~ That's all ^^

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

What ikalx said.
    Some BSID members just have a weird way to show you how much they love you. I suppose you should get to know them first to understand this. (it took me many months to be able to say something friendly to hsm). Fact is, if he's my commander, i can put money on which team is gonna win that round.

19. arklansman

arklansman Member

What is this, Dr. Phil? xD

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

No its Oprah