emp_streetsoffire in need of a small fix

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Neo Daedalus, May 9, 2013.

1. Neo Daedalus

Neo Daedalus Member

There is, on the map called emp_streetsoffire, on brenodi side of the map a small back alley close to the main base. In that side alley there are 3 bycicles. They can be moved by veichles and infintry (if you know how to) and do count as solid objects. Therefore, there is a way for people to push them into the veichle factory and obstruct veichle construction.

This is a problem, if someone would want to troll or grief BE. I know it's just a small detail, but in crucial moments of the game, being unable to build veichles can be devastating to one team, especially like on this map, that has very little space where you could place more vfs.

I managed to get the bike into the vf in a bit more than 7 minutes, but I have no idea, how quickly it could get in there if more people tried to get it there (even if that would mean exceptional amounts of teamwork for empires). This means, that it could be done on purpose solely to sabotage the vf in an effective time.

I've tried this before and I tested it yesterday on Viper server too. I like how you guys updated the map an I'd like you to fix this too. I personally don't have the knowledge or the authority to make such a change to the map, so, I'm asking you guys to do it.

Also there are some people that can confitm that this exploit works, if I can remember properly, hopfi was on my team, so I hope he can confirm this. I might also have some old screenshots of this, but it'll take time before I find them

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

3. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

[​IMG]

Best fix: Make the bicycles into pilot-able vehicles. That way anyone can hop on and move it if it blocks the vf. Also it would make playing BE less horrible on that map since they get the shittier side of the map. Oh yeah I'd fucking love to take those babies out for some sweet jumps.

4. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

This was my immediate thought when I started reading this post. I would love to ride bicycles in empires so much.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Lets take it a step further. Give BE motorcycles that are faster and handle better than jeeps, but with less health and more cost. Then give NF bicycles that move faster the more people are riding them.

6. Neo Daedalus

Neo Daedalus Member

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I can't tell if Trickster is annoyed at how small and difficult this exploit is or just ashamed that he didn't find out about it himself.

8. Neo Daedalus

Neo Daedalus Member

Oh, I nearly forgot.

How to do it:
    1. While the bike is still standing up look at it, while standing close and press E, spamming melee attaccks seems to have some effect too.
    2. While the bike is on the ground, step on it, crouch and press E. The bike will now fly off in some direction. You may also slowly push it by crouching and walking into it.
    3. Veichles are also able to push the bike.

That's pretty much it. Explosions don't seem to work on the bike, neither does shooting or meleeing it while it's on the ground.

Now that this is out I'm gonna evade playing BE on streetsoffire like a plague. I beg of you all to understand me.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  9. D.D.D. Destroyer

Just drop some MG turrets near the alley, on the way to the VF...

10. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

If I was going to do it, I would totally try and get it all the way to NF's base and their barracks. Screw griefing, I want a challenge. Then somebody would spawn in NF main and be like 'WTF when did we get a bicycle' and then spend the next five minutes trying to ride it.

11. Candles

Yes, tell everyone on the forums about this bug, so that we all may know to "avoid" it in the future until it is fixed in the next patch that Empires is known for releasing in regular intervals.

12. Neo Daedalus

Neo Daedalus Member

No need for a big patch. Just a small map fix. Like binding thise bikes to the fence or removing them.

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Bawhahaha

I Thought This Was A Feature Too

14. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Actually, since it is an official map, the file is stored in the gcf. This means an Empires update is required to alter the map. Also enjoy having everyone abuse this exploit now. This is gonna be just like midbridge pool party all over again.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

It can get denied by literally 1-2 BE guys. Or better yet, a responsible admin. Owait.

16. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

[​IMG]

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

the bikes are prop_dynamic or whatever it is. I don't think there is a static model of the prop, and they forgot to turn off the use, or left it on on purpose. It's been in every version of the map. The bikes are near impossible to move any amount of distance. They are made of pure Copernicium, because they hardly move when you push them. Last time I messed with them ( like 2009) it took around 5-10 minutes to move them around out of the alley.

19. Candles

I managed to do it in about two minutes. Once it's in the VF, it can still be moved, and if you push it all the way to the back, it falls into the VF itself and won't block it anymore.

20. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Prop_physics. Only physics moves, you can use either dynamic (which you can parent to objects) or static for models that doesn't move on their own.

I don't really see an issue to them being there, if someone sees someone do it, wall it off or kick them.

Last edited: May 9, 2013