Emp_slaughtered_v1.31 feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by =HELLION=, Jun 11, 2006.

?

What do you think of Emp_Slaughtered v1.31

1. Most of the best games i've plaied have been on it

11.8%
  2. I think it stinks

5.9%
  3. I like it as much as the rest of the current maps

52.9%
  4. Emp_Slaughtered ? stormed server#2 huuh? whhaa?

29.4%
  1. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

thought i would do a poll to see peoples thoughts on my map Emp_slaughtered thats currently beeing hosted on the www.stormed.de #2 server..

stormed is runing manimod, votemap in text will allow you to (with votes that is) change to the map.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  2. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

I love the map. Theres lots of strategic variety on it as far as i've seen. The biggest problem so far is that people who play it tend not to know it that well since its a custom map. But, yeah, definately a fun tanking map.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

got a link to download?

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

5. ^Dee^

Looks interesting.

Good:

Would make a pretty good air map imo

The cliffs/hills look pretty good but need a different texture from the ground.

I like the turrets across the bridges =)

Bad:

As said somewhere before, it needs more textures for certain areas.

The passable areas look very barren for infantry, even some rocks or more trees would do.

Has quite a few of choke points.

Brenodi look to be able to get to resources easier and quicker than NF.

There seem to be invisible walls over some cliffs. I assume it's to stop artillery firing over them. If it's intentional (not a bug) I really don't think mappers should try to limit something the developers have put in for a reason.

Also, the invisible walls prevent the commander from moving through them.

You can see the enemy flag at the barracks in commander view even when nobody on your team is there.

ps. Haven't played it online, these are just first impresisons from what I've tried.

6. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

This is the screenshot of the stuckpoint where Hello got stuck
    [​IMG]

7. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

dee: thx for the crits.. for geting to the res quicker it works out to about the same time because the brenodi have to go around turns and the nf for most is one straight shot.. as for texturing , if i did any differnt as far as more texturing it would allow exploiting , and im not all about exploiting ...im currently working on props and well the invisable walls are stoping bullets thus suggested by everybody saying long range arty from base to base was bad ... as for the comm not being able to move through them , i just would click on the mini map to move the comm camera... it goes past it ... i dont think its the block bullets doing that i think it might be the trees

empire noob: yes it looks like he was tring to drive up a hill he shouldnt have been... its intentional... i dont think he was stuck i think it was just the player clip i put there so nobody could do that.. im pritty sure if he put it in reverse he could have come down after a while..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  8. ^Dee^

Couldn't you just increase the height of those particular hills? It would be much more professional than invisible walls.

9. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

i dunno, i think it would look more unrealistic if the hills were made taller. personally, i haven't had a problem with the invisible walls and i've commed every time i play

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

when you get into the water, its very hard to get on land on the left side of the bridge.

Also most of the bushes are pretty useless and dont really look good or anything, you could try just putting lots of bushes at one place instead of placing 1 bush every 15 meters

I dont really like the style of the map overall but thats just me, tis just a custom map

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Commander can't see some parts of the map because of clouds there.

12. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well i know the clouds do slowly move around but ive comm'd on it at least 4 times live and never been able to not see anything because of them , it might be annoying a bit i guess, but every time a cloud is near something i needed to see i just rotated the camera about 5 degrees.

on the bushes, i do know that they are spread out , but if you put tons and tons of them i dont care what system you have its going to bog down with all the buildings and other models that get spawned in a live game... and empires likes to spawn models ;)

oh and the bridge do you mean the left side faceing north or south? i know that if your faceing north the entire left for nf and brenodi are easy to get onto, the right side however is not easy, if your entering to brenodi, what i would do is , go through the nf side and walk on the bridge , or go on the other side ... its all apart about knowing the map, like all maps you need to play it a few times to know where to go .. but the next version ill make it so you can get there easy for everybody i guess .. its not like its that hard to do

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006