Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Omneh, Feb 16, 2009.
I can do it.
However you should leave a lot of func_visclusters in, just map them better?
Er, if you had to take out visclusters that means you are missing a hint plane over the top of the visblockers and that means you're not going to get any optimisation benefit from them with or without visclusters.
Brutos has finally been able to get a VMPI compile together, and it needs your help! The IP is 220.127.116.11:23311, and if you need a quick tutorial on getting started as a worker for VMPI compiles, check out this thread:
HURRY UP AND GIVE ME A DOWNLOAD LINK BIZNITCH
HAY LUK FAEGETS I COMPILED AND RELEASED THE MAP.
Yes, I know it lags. Better than Insurrection and Slaughtered combined though, on my PC at least.
I'll update first post with links.
OMNEH ADD MIRRORS!
Choice of .7z or .zip
.7z recommended download due to size
1. Color correction has the same error as on emp_blah
2. BUILD CUBEMAPS
3. Remove the checkered ground textures (guess cubemaps fix it)
4. GROUND GRASS SPRITES ARE POINTLESS IF THEY RANDOMLY POP UP
AND FUCK WITH YOU. MAX VIEW DISTANCE OR GTFO
IT RUINED EMP_TROPICVENDETTA NOW IT RUINS THE NEXT MAP
Rest in peace nuke.
What could have been, should have been.
Things to fix for RC2:
1. Weird buggy location where the world disappears. DONE
2. Detailsprites fadedistances.
3. Add a flag in tunnels. DONE
4. ladders out of the silo. Put a trigger hurt down there instead. :D
5. Nobuild everything correctly. DONE
6. Some seams. DONE
7. Colour correction acting strangely. ???
8. Move the spawn points in the control room to the top level, and the flag zone to the bottom. DONE
9. ADD A NUEK ???
10. General optimisations. ???.
11. Make sure the water in the south is properly crossable DONE
12. Decrease resources in some places. DONE
13. Decrease resources given by flag. DONE
14. LOL PACK MAP PROPERLY NEXT TIME
15. Cubemaps in bunker. DONE
16. Make the center inaccessible to vehicles. DONE
Anything I've forgot, please tell me.
I'll probably get RC2 done by tonight. I'll need someone to do a full compile for me though.
what? what are you talking about? tropic vendetta has a z clipping plane at 10240 units, about the same distance as viewable models.
I can pee farther than the grass pop up distance
Looks like the blendmodulator is borked.
Probably shouldn't have bz2zipped it.
Emp_Silo_RC2 is now in a finished state, meaning I just need to find someone to do a full vrad compile with -final (which BSOD's my computer, oddly) and I can make a sexy new release which should last a while assuming there are no gamebreaking problems. Oh, and I'll pack it properly this time.
FPS is good, by the way. Nobody whined about it during the playtest of RC1.
I can has VMPI? (No I don't mean I'll be the master server, too much emp config for something I'll NEVER use again).
rofl oh lol I read that wrong, the prop detail fade distance, ya the problem is just how big the ferns are for the fading in and out
You don't have to compile with final, it probably won't make any noticable difference on silo, because all the interior areas have plenty of lights in them.
OMG that horrible 24 hour compile was a useles final compile?
VMPI for vrad is bugged.
That 22 hour compile was an attempt to compile silo without visclusters, in hope of a major FPS gain.
Also, RC2 is compiled and I'm packing it now.
Separate names with a comma.