emp_memehouse_speedway

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Kidpaler, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Features:
    Jeep Race! The best part of the minigames map made into one big map, with lots of memes and custom sounds to make it entertaining. Great cooldown map that can provide some entertaining play for a bit.

Playstyle:
    Race a jeep around the map. Get 3 to the end to win! Dodge the deadly traps, read cool memes, find secret buttons. This map is NOT mean to be played seriously. It's a cooldown map.

Extras:
    Lots of secret buttons and sounds to find around the map that play cool music!

Here are some cool pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes I am aware this map is not serious and most of you probably will think it is terrible. HOWEVER, it's meant to be a joke, it only took around 8 hours and I think it is fun to play for a short period of time as a cooldown and I hope others will as well. Please don't hate or say "WORST MAP" as it's meant to be a joke.

Map was Requested by Wired_4Fun so I obliged for the memehouse :D Available for play on Memehouse as a "cooldown" map. This version is ready for public play.

Credit: Thanks to Misfire for the cool Memehouse Speedway Banner and Blood Wiper for rigging up the ending Entity work.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I should really get a empires shitmaps event going..

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm up for that.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

do it!

5. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

We will probably need a couple more shitty maps to make it fun. All I can think of are Minigames, This Jeep Race, Jeep joust and thats about it.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

From my understanding, we have to create a map for the event within a specified time, not go on a round trip around what's there now ;)

7. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Oh shit that'd be fun.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Yup, you're right.
    I'll fix up an event in a day or two.

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Hmm, I have to think of an idea for this now. Time to consult the idea board.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

i just feel like posting here that the guy who "created" the shrek meme really hates what he has done

11. Avatarix

this shit sucks ass

don't play it ever
    kills the server
    looks ugly
    ^a haiku

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I feel like all you do is say shit.

You know the intention of this map was for it to just be a jeep race. Right? Like, it's not meant to be a legitimate map, its mean to be a fun map that looks like it was made for memery.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

While NF has a harder time to complete the map (yay jeep handling), I can't say I agree with the server killing statement. Then again, I haven't seen it played enough to form a solid conclusion. I just hope you based yours off of more than one or two playthroughs.

The "_aX" suffix should quite clearly tip you off that aesthetics are far down on the priority list, and instead the focus lies in establishing solid gameplay. If the map doesn't play well, why waste time on polishing a turd instead of prototyping a new one?

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Nf jeep handles like a dream, you just need to learn to start the powerslide before the turn and not during it.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

NF Jeep rotates in the air like a vehicle should while the BE Jeep remains upright. With the amount of jumps on the map, reaching the end is difficult until you learn how to compensate for it. And given the average driver's approach of "hold W until finish line", most people cry foul if they land on NF.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

O, I C. I thought that was fixed but I guess nf jeep still has a bit of trouble. It really shouldn't be doing that, maybe it can be fixed without affecting the ability to do 180 spins if you need them.

17. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

NF jeep just needs the upright command added to it on the handling script so it handles the same as BE in regards to flipping.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

This map would be great as a fun map.

But like most other fun maps, you probably don't want to load the map when you have "quite a few" new players in the server.

Not that they would do horribly, but they would recognize Empires as.....what the map is suggesting.

First impression babe.

19. Avatarix

how are harambe memes or facebook-tier jokes funny?
    you could at least put Shadilay in the BG and it would be """"""""funnier""""""" or something
    and that fog that happens when you fall from first ramp is killing my PC so that might be fixed too

20. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

We all have different senses of humor. Also, these weren't "Facebook" tier jokes at the time of it being done (Besides shrek and Harambe). You should know the life of a meme, it starts out on niche sites, then moves to become more and more widespread until it is no longer funny to the niche sites and they rule it that its a bad meme.
    I can fix that.