emp_kutm playtesting

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Chris0132', Dec 22, 2008.

1. FN198

FN198 Member

it looks like it was designed with aircraft tactics in mind

2. gezor

gezor Member

it would be a bit too small for aircraft ...

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

But how can it look like it was designed for aircraft if neither you nor I have any idea what aircraft will be like?

I expect it would play quite interestingly with transport aircraft to get players quickly across the cliffs but I didn't design it for them.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

After having played this map several times, i think it is a little bit biased towards NF. From 5vs5 to 20vs20 matches, i have NEVER seen BE win. Maybe that's only a coincidence, but i think the general ress shortage favors NF with it's light tanks, that have an excellent cost-benefit ratio.

Possible solutions: Put the ref point in NW closer to the BE start base or double base ref output.

Great map otherwise.

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

I have noticed middle is seemingly completely useless, aside from the 2x ref (not as worth it as the more tactically important north) and sneak attacks across the bridge. Perhaps another refinery on the northern shore of the lake, opposite the one near the city? As it stands, whoever holds north tends to win at the moment, and that doesn't make for brilliant gameplay.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You're playing an out of date version, the newest public version does not have the 2x refinery and the version after that has further changes.

8. Dnst

Dnst Member

Unfortunately the newest mirror doesn't work anymore. I would like to playtest this map.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I sent you a link the last time you pestered me about it, unless you're planning to actually do something about it this time I'm not going to waste another half hour reuploading it.

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

If you can re-upload it I can deal with the mirrors for you, I have tons of time for uploading. Heck, my entire day is pretty much eat, sleep, web design, upload, fix what I broke, upload, fix what I broke when I 'fixed' everything, more uploading, etc

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

13. Dnst

Dnst Member

I am very sorry about that. It is in fact my fault. Thanks for reuploading it. Maybe I have a solution for this problem.