emp_kutm playtesting

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Chris0132', Dec 22, 2008.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I don't know the proper formatting, I just know how they work and that based on other feedback, it is indeed a res file issue. To anyone reading this, in the mean time,

GET YOUR DOWNLOAD FROM THE FORUMS

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Dont ask for opinions/critics if you cry that people actually critisize your stuff.

You get a fps drop cause theres nothing blocking the line
    of sight from the corner of the map to middle.

Its not obvious that you shouldnt jump down there.

From my experience I forecast that at least 50% of every
    team only camps the infantry capable spawn points and that
    they will ignore everything else that happens on the map.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'm not crying, I'm just pointing out in a blunt way that they are not valid criticisms.

If it's not obvious the first time it will be obvious the second time.

And yes, I know why you get FPS drop, but only people with bad PCs will get any noticable degratation, people with good PCs, like me, will not notice a difference, and if you have a bad PC that's your problem, not mine, or at least it's not a problem I care about, so I'm not going to do anything about it.

Good, that's what I was after.

Currently revision 2 contains the console spam fix/starting view camera. A resource point I forgot to mark on the map, and what should be a fixed res file but trickster tells me it isn't working so I'm waiting on clarification of that.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  4. Demented

Demented Member

RES FILE: Copy the format of other .res files. That should fix you right up. (Probably a bit late for me to mention it, though.)

THE "LIFT": Remove the crate that you can jump down on. That way it'll be a farther drop and only servers with parachutes will have a problem. That said, you probably shouldn't even have that open in the first place if you don't intend for players to jump down....

COMBINE MONITORS: If they're good enough for emp_shadows, or whatever that HL2-themed flag map was, they're good enough for kutm.

CRYING: It's actually "dismissing", but I'm pretty sure I read in your OP that you don't actually want feedback, you're just curious to see what people come up with. Since that means we get to rant about your map without fear of repercussions, it's all good. XD

Final version should be named 'emp_kingunderthemountain', just because.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes I have copied the format, apparently there are still problems with it, either that or trickster doesn't know how to write the format but that seems unlikely.

The lift is in the middle of a railed off area and there is no visible escape, I really did not expect anyone to want to jump down there, it's only open so that you know what it actually is.

The final version will likely be named emp_king because kingunderthemountain is rather long winded and I can't simply kill everyone who complains about kut being danish for cunt.

6. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

PLease rename the map in the next version other then emp_cuntm, because kut means cunt in Dutch, and it does in other langauges.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Besides that, there are a few graphical bugs, I will post screenshots later on indicating the locations.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I almost certainly know about them and don't care.

And I really don't give a shit about your language, the german word for fat is dick but I don't whine when people use it. But people are whining and they are annoying me so I said I'll change it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  8. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Lol, in Dutch fat is dick XD

I was making a joke -.-

Don't be so rude, we are trying to help you...

emp_blizzardkings?
    emp_ironsnow?
    emp_blizzardfury?

9. Demented

Demented Member

Long winded or not, emp_kingunderthemountain is better. Or maybe I've just grown attached to it because your thread's been on the mapping page for the last 3 years.

Still makes more sense than emp_king or emp_kutm. (emp_cuntm, on the other hand...)

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

How bout renaming it emp_gtfover_morons?

that has a sort of zing to it....

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

emp_king

Or emp_rook but nobody would know what it meant.

And it probably means 'your mom' in swahili.

I'm compiling for revision 2 and I'll release it, perhaps the issue trickster reported is simply an issue on his end because I can think of no reason why the res file should not work.

12. Omneh

Omneh Member

emp_queenoverthecanyon

:rolleyes:

13. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No, emp_king I wasn't asking for suggestions.

15. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

hey chris, the infantry area needs a no engy wall brush from the top of the highest box cars on up. that or a player clip across the entire top structure.

There are a few areas that you can get up to the top, and very easily. lvl 3 MG's wouldn't be much fun up that high.

Also, Kudos for making the infantry area completely it's own area. You foiled me when I tried getting into other areas up top.

*sigh* image hoster isn't being nice. anyhow, I love it, it's beautiful. I haven't tested it, but it also might be possible to get a lvl 3 MG to shoot from behind one of the indoor areas from behind the walls where you can get to from the infantry area.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You're going to need to provide pictures before I can figure out what you're talking about. I'llprobably playerclip the area because that's easier than no walling. I did plan on people wall climbing onto higher boxes, I didn't think it would be a problem unless you can climb onto the roofs, but there shouldn't be any boxes that high.

Revision 2 is uploading, will be done in 15 minutes.

17. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This first one shows how I got up from that side vent.
    [​IMG]
    This picture is the back side of a building, I dunno if players are visible/shootable through the wall. I doubt it, as it isn't a displacement.
    [​IMG]
    This third one, I got up, Jumped across the chasm by building the first wall, then sprinting and jumping over to that ledge. It was pretty exciting :P

Actually, I found out as I went around that there were much easier ways to get up than the way I found.
    [​IMG]

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

How in the nine hells did you build those walls?

I'll see about clipping it in the next version.

Actually maybe this version, I've talked to drummerx and he's worked out the res file problems.

19. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Jipple hax ^_^

actually, I dunno how the hell that first pic happened. half the wall was floating in air.

the third picture, it took about 3 minutes to get it to place the wall, i ended up needing to put it diagonally and jump into the air to have it appear under me.

Also, that radar dish, you can get a turret up pretty high on that as well :P

it may also be good to note that in the first picture with the wall on top of that slanted surface, You can walk on that slant. it doesn't slide or anything. May want to see if you can make surfaces with that slant have no friction.

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

ask communism to make you a expoit demo :)