Emp_Europe

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Satanchild666, Dec 2, 2008.

?

Herro thar

1. Creamy Bailey's

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Stevezilla

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Story:
    Emp_europe is the geographical and political map of europe during WWII. It features all of Europe, the Northern Faction play as the Alies and the Brenodi Empire as the Axis. There are no barracks on the map and no comm vehicle. To spawn you have to capture countries(chokepoints/flags). You will get money for each flag. Each flag has a story, as listed below, and as the second world war lasted almost 6 years every year will be around 12 minutes. 1 minute for every month, 2 seconds average for every day. The map will feature a wide array of random events, effects and missions that will determine the cause and the result of the war.

Axis(Brenodi Empire) Victory Conditions:

-Hold Berlin
    Hold Berlin(Flag) for 60 minutes and the Axis will be victorious, the story behind this is that the Soviet and Allied troops defeated the Nazis just before they could manage to mobalize a massive force of jet aircraft and other various weapons. They almost mentioned to research an atomic bomb. If Berlin is hold for 60 minutes it will give Adolf Hitler and his allies the time and resources to mobalize a massive army and crush the Allies.

-Capture Russia
    If the Axis mention to capture Russia and defeat all allied forces then nothing will stop the German war machine in the east. They shall all focus on Great Britain wich will then suffer a humiliating defeat.

-Capture Great Britain
    Once Great Britain is oblitirated the commonwealth will come to a stop, no one sahll oppose the immense German wehrmacht. Losing Great Britain means losing the game.

-Hold France
    If the Axis mention to hold france for 40 minutes they shall be victorious, without France the Axis will plunder their resources. With the Axis having such power nothing shall stop the Axis troops from overrunning every city in Europe.

-Destroy All Allied Forces
    If the Allies lose all their forces(tickets) they shall lose, and all of europe shall be converted to fascism.

Allies(Northern Faction) Victory Conditions:

-Capture Berlin
    Once Berlin is captures the Germans can no longer make a comeback, with Berlin captured th Axis will fall apart.

-Defeat All German Forces
    With all fascist troops defeated the Axis will no longer be a threat to the world an will surrender.

-Get 3 Neutral Nations to Aid the Allies
    If the Allies mention to get Spain, Sweden and Turkey to aid in the war against fascism then Nazi Germany and it's allies will be obliterated.

If a side wants to win they only have to complete one of these objectives.

Features:

Allied Nations:
    USSR
    Republic of France
    Great-Britain
    Axis Nations:
    Greater German Reich(Nazi Germany)
    Kingdom of Italy

Capturable Countries:

-Sweden
    Sweden has a friendly attitude towards the Allies, afraid of a German invassion even though Sweden is neutral has made them want to make close ties with the allies. It will take 3 minutes for the Allies to capture Sweden and 4 minutes for invading Axis forces to capture Sweden. Even though of that Sweden wants to have close ties with the Allies, if captured by the germans they will supply resources faster as the Swedish cargo vessels can reach Germany quicker then mainland Britain. Sweden only offers a spawn point for Axis troops as British paratroopers cannot reach stockholm. And soviet troops are blocked by Finland.

-Finland
    Finland always had a friendly relationship with the 3th Reich, in addition it only takes the Axis diplomats 1 minute to convince the Finnish to join their Axis. Once the Finnish people are convinced they offer military suplies and a spawn point for the advancing Greater German Reich. Finland is important for succeeding the conquest in Russia.

-Norway
    Norway hasn't got a significant military and therefore cannot defend agianst a German advance. It will take little time for both sides to capture Norway. It will not offer a spawn point for the Axis because of civil unrest and revolts agianst the nazi regime but they will for the Allies.

-Denmark
    Denmark isn't much of any importance, it's low resource production and no spawn poitns make it useless. however, the undeep seas near denmark give an oppertunity for tanks to pass Denmark and invade the Nordic countries.

-Poland
    Poland is, just like Denmark not much of any importance. All it does is offer some resources and a passage to the Soviet Union.

-Czechoslovakia
    Cezchoslovakia is no match for the Axis, they will be captured in just 1 minute. And with all the forests and dence cities it is hard for the allies to help the people here, Czechoslovakia offers a good resource bonus for both factions.

-Romania
    The Kingdom of Romania fear both, the Bolsheviks and the Nazis. If you ally them or capture them Bulgaria and hungary will join your cause.

-Yugoslavia
    Yugoslavia rather wants to stay neutral, but if captured by any of the 2 factions it shall offer a troop spawn location and some resources.

-Turkey
    Only the allies should bother about this country, they may join you. They are afraid being invaded by the nazi regime and after the fall of the Ottoman Empire they have no intention of having any ties with Germany.

-Spain
    Puppet state of the Fascist people, dictator Franco will be glad to aid the Nazis for helping him to restrain power in the Spanish civil war.

-Greece
    With the Greeks being afraid of an Italian invassion all help provided by the Allies will be apreciated.

-Switzerland
    You cannot capture this area, but it will offer a possibility for both factions to rearm them selfs.

-Ireland
    You cannot capture this area, but Allied troops can reload here if Britain is under attack.

All starting areas of the Axis and the Allies will have a Spawn Point and a Vehicle Factory.

As the Axis were preapred they will have significant more resources and technology then the Allies. Making them able to rush the early game...

The Allies however have almost no resources, but because of their colonies, industries and allainces they will gather resources at an increased rate. Making them better at late game.

Axis will start with 500 Tickets, every 12 minutes Allied tickets will increase by 25.

The tech tree will be standard both teams will have acces to Artillery. Axis got Mediums, the Allies got lvl 2 turrets.

Capture System:
    Capture system is easy, ntohing to explain there but there is a difference in what flag will apear.

CYAN cities are those with ALLIED influence, if the Allies capture these cities that nation will keep it's own flag.
    BROWN cities are those with AXIS influence, if the Axis capture these cities that nation will keep it's own flag.

Now the special comes in, it is historacly decided wich flag will apear when an Axis will capture an Allied flag or visa versa.

If captured by Allies what flag will apear?
    Spain > Normal Spanish Flag
    Finland > Soviet Flag
    Italy > American & British Flag
    Germany > 5 Flags, nowadays German Flag, American Flag, British Flag, French Flag and the Soviet Flag will all apear above Berlin. - Victory for the Allies

If captured by Axis what flag will apear?
    London, Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, PAris, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Poland = Nazi Flag
    Athens & Istanbul = Italian Flag

[​IMG]

CYAN/BLOO cities are easier to capture by ALLIES,
    BROWN/RED cities are easier to capture by AXIS,
    PURPLE cities both have eqaul capture time,
    Zürich & Dublin CANNOT be captured.

Does anyone want to help me? The map, buildings, effects, alpha mapping, ect.? I can do allot but I need help with some things...

How can you make it so that 1 team gets 25 tickets each 12 minutes?
    Can you make it so that the longer the war continious the more research is completed?
    Can you make it so that factions with 0 tickets die instantly?
    Can you make it so if a certain flag is kept 60 minutes 1 side will be victorious?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. arklansman

arklansman Member

London would have to be smaller than Angry's penis.

In addition to hilarious scaling problems, this would be badly balanced and needlessly complicated, and some of the victory conditions would be way too easy to achieve.

And most importantly, if you do want to do this massive scale thing, do something that isn't Earth, ie, a continent from the Empires world map.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  3. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Arklasman are you interesting in making something like this? This map is realy complex :S I am currently working on the terain.

4. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

Where do you suggest the POW camps be located?

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Nice idea, dunno if I can make so much of it, scaling is what I got the most problems with in hammer (the info_set_start must been made after a dwarf..)

6. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

If the cities will be too small I will just make buildings to represent the capital cities.

For example:
    Italy - Coli
    Moscow - Kremlin
    Berlin - Reichstag

The cities would be miniature.

There would be defensive locations too, the soviet border will have many turrets, so will France(maginot line), Berlin, Rome, and London.

I planned to do the world map of Empires, but because the map is too complicated and I cant find a blank one(reproducing it is hard) and the amount of water I quit working on that one. If this is too hard I WILL use a continent of empires. South Islands?

*Snip

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  7. petemyster

petemyster Member

sounds fun though its just not fesable

8. Omneh

Omneh Member

Map would be almost completely impossible to make, and probably wouldn't play well anyway.

*snip

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Can't say I haven't thought of the idea myself..

How long have you've gone on your terrain?
    What I think would be easier to do this is when there is scaling, as right now emp_isle takes up a whole hammer grid, and it's not big enough to fit the whole europe in it.

10. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

I would suggest that you make a prototype map before looking to the forums for help. Sure, you can talk about your ideas all day, but what would be better is if you actually commited and worked on them. Once you have a decent map built in hammer, then come to look for help in polishing or optimizing it.

11. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Probrally pissed of by Hitler who kept bombing the crap out of his cites, neverthless Franco still wanted to join the War in Northern Africa and join the axis. But Italy refused. It was a bad move of the Italians to refuse the support of Franco. It could have caused the Axis campaing to be victorious in Northern Africa...

They have been Neutral quite much always. They gave home to the Jews in the nordic countries but they kept friendly relations with both sides. But they openly celebrated the Allied Victory after the liberation of Europe.

I agree, my poll option was quite stupid. Is there a way I can change it?(Change poll)

I need help, is there anyway I can make the terain manualy? I use the hightmap compiler(forgot the name). It keeps smoothing the areas and the terain near the edge of the maps keeps getting strange(Its all flat, some parts of the map are just gone).

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

America would probably be the size of a few VFs at most, so i don't see how you could ever have any real combat on this, except for the occasional rush to artillery, followed by useless bombardment for the next few hours.

13. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

America will nto be in it, It will be the map as displayed(the concept). Don't underestimate the size, it will be big. How is the map called Simon made? It's big too, I am sure some countries could fit there. It's going to be crowdy with all those vehicle and people. But the concept is 1 thing I am satisfied about. The Artillery are expenssive and will not be used very often(the resource rate is quite low). And the map will last 60 minutes map. The map got easy victory possibilities so the map wont last forever. Probrally it will create a few possible strategies:

Brenodi rushing the USSR in early game, overwhelming the NF.
    Brenodi going west taking over France and then rushing Britain.
    Brenodi will capture all the flags and therefore have allot more pwoer(North, Spain, Turkey & Greece, Eastern Europe)
    The NF will probrally wait and build up forces, letting Europe be captured. Then they will probrally rush them at once, Marching trough France into Berlin.
    ect.

14. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

How will I change the poll, or even remove it?(its quite silly I agree, I am sorry)
    The objectives are so that the map doesnt last hours...

15. arklansman

arklansman Member

I'm quite fond of the poll.

16. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

XD! Thank you arklasman :D

17. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

I personally think it copies Battlefield too much!

18. Spooky

Spooky Member

This kind of reminds me of one of the many WW2 Diplomacy maps I used to make on empires, Source engine mapping is Way to new for me to do anything though...(besides make a box room, NPC's, weapons and an info_player_start for lulz) I like the idea, Have capital city's generate extra res if this map actually gets made though. Also, needs more than just City's..
    Supply lines.

Scaling real world maps into the source engine is incredibly hard, But its all really about variation. Don't forget Terrain spots like mountains, lakes, forests ect.

19. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

IF the maps oculd jsut be bigger in hammer, that would be godly. Think about Stalingrad, Prague, Normandy, ect. If the maps where bigger this idea could work out well. Having normal sized cities, ect.

We got a few problems...

The factions, if we want a good map we atleast need 8 Factions.

Eastern Europe
    USSR
    Nordic countries
    British Commenwealth
    Republic of France
    Kingdom of Italy
    Turkey
    Spain

We got 2 Factions to display those all.
    We need a diplomacy system. NF is allies but Eastern Europe was afraid of Stalin but the soviets are Allies and will capture eastern Europe.
    Cities cannot be build properly as 1 city would be an entire map.
    Player limit, to have a good battle on such a scenario and be able to defend multiple parts you would need atleast 200-300 people.

But that doenst mean we can't try a miniature version of Europe :D
    With just a National Monument displaying a city. Reichsstag, Kremlin, Eifel Tower, Tower of London, Hermitage, Colliseum, Sagrada Familia, ect.

And maybe an infantry map only? It could be hillarious and nice. And worth a try.

20. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

FFS Stop Flaming. Thread Locked for cleaning.

For everyone that is flaming, consider yourself warned, I'll start giving infractions if it continues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.