emp_empcannon

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by InstantDeath, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you can destroy the cannon in pieces, destroying some pieces can activate smoke and fire.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I think func_breakable's have an output for a certain health level. I don't see why the same couldn't be coded for emp_eng_map_brush's in 1.08.

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Destroying the cannon in different sections would be most excellent in my opinion :) If this means you can also get the smoke working, so much the better :D

4. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

the problem i have with that, is if someone takes out the base of the cannon first, you will have floating built pieces of the cannon.

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

6. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

well the first option doesnt work, and the second option isnt working well. the brush moves with the door, but its moving it way away from the door which is really pissing me off. ive tried changing the relative entity or whatever and it still wont move from that spot.

as seen in this screenshot:
    [​IMG]

edit: if you look at the picture above carefully, you might just see something new. (other than the buildable door.)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  7. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

Its late, but now that version beta8 is out, its time ask for more suggestions again! if you have a question about the map, do not hesitate to ask, that is unless it has already been asked.

8. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Havn't really walked around yet, but I will say first off that the BE spawn is very dark. Could you add some lights in please :)

9. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

ya, ill add some more lights, and i think i forgot to add the trigger_waterydeath though.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what about setting this map at night time, and there are spotlights around the camp. that would be really cool.

many maps, like halibadors one, changed their time of day almost at completion.

11. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

hrm. the only problem with night maps is i have to worry about someone not being able to see.

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

I guess they'll have to learn to use their flashlights. :)

13. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

why does it seem like im losing support for this map?
    very few ppl have commented since i released version beta 8.

Does it really look that bad, do people just not care, or does it look so good you are struck in awe and cannot type?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

People have more to do than sit here waiting to reply. in case you haven't noticed, alot of 1.08 official topics have popped up recently.

15. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I wouldn't say any response has been negative so far. Maybe you should spend a little more time in-between versions, making improvements based on what feedback you've received.

The response may be slow, but you have to remember that this is a small community, and it's no slower than any other custom map thread in this forum.

I understand you may be frustrated that not everyone seems to share your enthusiasm for this map, but if you keep making it better then eventually they will do.

I personally didn't respond after the latest release because I couldn't see what you had changed. I spent a while looking at it for you before, and until I know that all those issues have been addressed, I won't be looking at it again. Some kind of changelog would help greatly here.

16. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

well. It has been at least a week between vers beta7a and beta8. Ill go back and write a changelog since the screenshots apparently arent good enough.

17. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

It's the easter holidays, chances are most people are on holiday :)

18. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

yes, ive noticed that. Its a shame I had to release version beta8 on easter weekend. Hopefully everyone will be back tomorrow.

edit: oh look, Krenzo is on :)

19. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

The idea behind the map is great!
    Displacement terrain is looking pretty good.
    I like the switchable forcefield in front of the CV!

The bridge need to be retextured. The texture on it needs to be scaled a little bit lower in order to have no pattern effect on it (texture is repeating too often).
    Another thing you have to redo is the Be fort. From outside it looks really plain.
    Maybe its so, because it only got 4 major sides and looks like a crashed Cube.
    In addition to that its not really usfull in order to keep incomming attacks away from its walls/base. Cause you have to move onto the wall in order to hit any shit if you dont want to leave the fort. Problem is you got no ammo upon the wall. So you always have to move down and refill it. Same holds for health stuff. You need to rework the ways up so that you are able to move around more quickly between the fort walls. I would use ladders for that. And
    any place where you can drop ammoboxes and shoot out (while crouching!) within a good overview would improve the effectivty of the walls further.
    By now that fort is more or less a deathtrap for Be.
    Additional underground exits would be cewl too.

20. InstantDeath

InstantDeath Member

the map has yet again been updated. I will probably be running a server on this map later today, so be on the lookout.

however, Gigar wants to play sven coop, so i will not be on empires until later.

check the first post for downloads and the changelog.

hope you enjoy it!