emp_bush revamped

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Silk, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

Looking at the minimap that might be the location of the resource spot. Still it's weird it would block anything, since none of the entities are spawned if the res spot isn't activated at that location.

I'll check it out. If i'm right, this might be happening on all the res locations

Edit:
    Yeah this is the case for all resource spots.
    I'm guessing the problem lies with the emp_resource_point_prop entity. When it's disabled the prop isn't visible, but perhaps the collision mesh is still active.
    I'll try compiling with a model that hasn't got a collision mesh to see if that fixes it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Silk

Silk Mapper

Which is best guys, yellow or green grass?

Yellow: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/mapping/emp_bush/yellow.jpg
    Green: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/mapping/emp_bush/green.jpg

I made the green one over a year ago by dizzyone's request. He didn't think the dry grass fitted in this map and replacing it was one of his demands for bush to become official.

Almost 2 years later i had forgotten all about it and Trickster used the latest released version of Bush as one of the new official maps, which was still using the dry grass of course.

Now that i'm fixing the invisible wall problem i wondered wether or not to keep the old dry grass, or use the one i made for dizzyone. Note that the change in lighting also effects how the map looks in this image, so try to focus on that one material alone.

Which is best?

Edit: the newer green texture seen from on top: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/mapping/emp_bush/3.jpg

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I prefer the way it is now because there's a bit of variation between the top of the cliffs and the ground, they're not the same. In your 2nd screenshot, it shows them as being the same, which is kind of boring.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I actually prefer this one

5. Trickster

It's just that the tops of the cliffs now look the same as the ground. The colour is nicer on the 2nd one but the first one has variation between the cliff and the ground.

6. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

The tops of the cliffs should be a different colour to the ground to make the minimap easier to look at like it currently is.

7. Trickster

Yeah, I was actually thinking the same myself.

8. Silk

Silk Mapper

Kept the dry grass
    I pm'd the link

It includes the new grass texture as well eventhough it isn't used in the map. Other people could have good use for it in future maps