dunno if this is of any interest for anyone ...

Discussion in 'Art' started by flasche, Apr 11, 2016.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

... last year adobe bought mixamo - a company revolving about character generation and animation.

why could that be of interest? well they give away their animations for free (=your data) now. dunno, maybe empires could use some new animations (swimming f.e)? now i dont think they work out of the box (but maybe they do?), dunno how source's rig is built, but one could at least use them as reference.

its professional, quite high quality assets (and if it works for source, you could also use their auto-rigger, which also works together with a blender plugin called rigify, for free)

theres literally hundreds of high quality animations of all sorts for no money.

and the best is, faq states its not only for personal or educational purpose
    https://www.mixamo.com/

(and, but thats less of empires' concern, theres a special unity export option and they work great with mechanim)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    complete_ likes this.
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Amazing.

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

That looks just like Poser 3 I used as a nipper. Except I think it's only use was to put really ample bosom on the female stock character & make the guy stock character eat his own hand.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah, but its not. its only animations in a variety of formats, plus a way to automatically rig/weightpaint your models.
    the application which makes it appear like is adobe fuse, which basically is a procedural character generator similar to those in RPGs, but modifiable.
    its just also promoted on that site because adobe bought the company.

6. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

I hear that TF2 uses a new animation system. Is this true? The animations are really smooth. It's almost as if the model has no bones. The models and animations we have are ancient. But yeah, there are tools available now that would greatly improve Empires.