Drones

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by MDKAPPA, Feb 7, 2010.

1. MDKAPPA

MDKAPPA Member

How about add drones?
    Another gamemod "Pirates, VIkings and Knights II" The pirates captain have a parrot works like a melee-attacking drone.
    I think drones are useful at many situations.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'd be up for a parrot... ^^

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Or a mini blimp!

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I want a SNAKE! That would be awesome. Im sitting here scunting yer base and then I send a snake into the barax to make you all scream and run out and fist you all!

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

Drones that fly around a base and repair it maybe.
    No god damn aimbot AI here plz.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Hrm.

Scout drones that you deploy by holding down the fire key and then releasing; based on how long you held it down, the drone flies out that far ahead and floats. Acts as a radar / camera and has a weak, short-range anti-infantry gun (weaker than a level 1 turret, with a smaller area - not intended to kill infantry, but to harass them and force them out of cover.)

Stays immobile at the location it's deployed to until it is destroyed or the scout releases another one (which has a cooldown.) Can be destroyed very easily even by small arms fire.

It could be useful... distracting opponents, scanning for enemies, and so forth. Also, perhaps it could be fired at infantry or tanks to follow them. Infantry could kill it easily, but a tank (with no MG) would likely have trouble hitting it. It wouldn't hurt the tank, but would harass the driver if they get out to repair -- very useful against one of the most overpowered strategies at the moment.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

How about it just saps stamina instead of do damage?

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lol a drone that does 2dmg per bullet?

9. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Huh. That could be interesting, and would fit with the scout sticky grenades.

It wouldn't do anything to people who just got out to repair their tanks, though. Mostly, the best use I can see for drones is to be able to do something to a tank that harasses drivers who try to solo everything, rapidly getting out and repairing between rushes... while if you have infantry covering you, they can easily shoot down the drone from outside its limited range and then repair.

10. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

I think the Drone should be utterly weak BUT have a camera with half that of the Engie camera.