DOTA august

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -Mayama-, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You got 180$ for selling some stupid stuff from a stupid game to a stupid kid?

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

He basicly won dota 2

4. Fooshi

Pretty much.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

6. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

First year schedule for me is advanced Greek and advanced Latin, this modernist English course which will probably be really hard (Woolf's my favorite author though, and I have read To the Lighthouse four times now, so I'm relying on that to see me through), multivariable calculus, and some freshman seminar that all freshmen are required to take. I can deal with the Greek and Latin and maybe even the English--it's the math that I'm worried about, as math is my weakest/most hated subject by far.

7. McGyver

Just remember Hexi:

[​IMG]

Not sure if fake or 'merica though.

8. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

LOL WHAT THE FUCK YOU DIDN'T SAY IT WAS AN UNUSUAL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING SELLING IT NOW

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Holy fucking consumerism, did you obtain that from a random drop or whatever $180 jesus christ man you can buy a brand new textbook with that or like weeks of gasoline and that turd spends it on worthless, completely aesthetic, virtual shit?

Fooshi has beaten spartacus at capitalism.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

First year or first term? That's not that much for a year, though it's comparable to what I pull in a single term.

Calc III can be easy depending on how you viewed the fundamentals of single-variable calculus. For example, if you thought of integration as only finding the area under the curve, then it can be hard to extend that to three dimensions, but if you saw it fundamentally as either an infinite converging series or as a form of multiplying one variable by a changing variable, then it can be easier to turn it see it expanded to three dimensions. It's a similar case with derivation too, viewing it just as a line on a graph or as a measurement of how something changes.

Calc III was easy for me because it's pretty much physics class that's entirely math based. Vectors, normal vectors, tangent vectors, some stuff on 3-dimensional objects, and then maybe some things like triple integrals or density integrals. My school split it into Vector Calc 1 & 2 as two different classes, and the second term of it was a bitch. Everything was logical, but reparametrization from three to two variables threw me a curve ball.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You can't draw the funds out of Steam. It was from a chest which was opened by a key.

Stop wasting time on your future and come play dota with us. We miss you.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  12. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

And the best part is...

I now own that item too, and the price is slightly going up, hopefully to the point where the stock will eventually become limited and there will be ridiculous demand for one.

One of my brother's mates who is staying over with us bought a item set for £9 (Ursa Alpine Set). It was retired ingame (can't drop anymore) because it didn't fit the lore of the game basically. He then sold it for £300~ and paid off some of his student house rent. It's now worth roughly £1000, if only he saved it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah I know, I'm saying the purchaser is the idiot for putting his money into that rather than like university or like a brand new gfx card.

What's the cheapest you can get keys at, how common are box drops, and how common is it to get something worth quite a bit to come from the box?

Like I might actually go through having to play dota just to play those nerds on the steam market and never have to pay for games from my own hard earned cash. I could even do it with TF2.

14. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

It's part of the International Chest. Chests are pretty common drops, you'll get 1 at least every 3 games at most. The chests are random though but since it's the International you'll more likely to get one of the chests. Keys are £1.59 when sold by Valve. International Chest keys are selling for higher on the market for roughly £1.60+ so if you're looking for keys for that chest buy from VALVE. Normal Treasure Keys are also sold at £1.59 but usually sell for less on the Steam Market.

The International chest must contain a good 16~ items I think (off the top of my head). 3 of those are the Immortal Couriers. Fezzle-Feez is going for the most, at around £140. The others were hovering around £40/£50 I think when I briefly search them on the market. I bought 7 keys (£10 of Steam Wallet funds + money left over from Steam Trading Cards) and had 7 crates. I received 2 sets of duplicates (2x2=4), a Rare Weapon (5), a Mythical Weapon (6) and then on the last crate (which lagged when I opened it and I prayed to fucking god it would be at least 1 of the couriers [which at the time I didn't realise the other 2 were going for lower]) I got Fezzle. If you think about it I made £130 profit after putting in £10 of my own money if I were to sell the courier. I could then buy say £20~ worth of keys which is roughly 13. Trying my luck there's a chance I could receive it again from the 13 keys, in which I would have £280 in the form of 2 couriers minus the cost of the keys (£30) leaving a profit of £250 AFTER WHICH I CAN ADD potential sales of any of the 12 other items I receive from the chests. Rinse and repeat. It's all about luck of the draw from the chests.

There are currently 22 Fezzle's on the Market. Obviously there are more in circulation and in existence.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  15. McGyver

My thoughts exactly. ^^

Now we only need to figure out how high the droprate for a 'Fezzle' is and what the fuck a courier even does in Dotaaaaaa.

16. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

17. Fooshi

Link to Steam market.
    Amount of couriers is rising, but if you wait for them all to be sold, you might make a higher profit than me. I bought 5 keys with some of the money and so far I got another Craniomancer.

This reminds me of another stupid decision. I got Bill's hat from pre-ordering L4D2 and I traded it for 8 refined metal like two years ago. POTENTIAL PROFIT LOST AND IS NOW IN THE HANDS OF A 12 YEAR OLD.

18. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

They won't be obtainable after TI3 as the chests expire. They are available by buying merch at TI through redeemable codes.

They should in theory go up after the event.

And also some randomer added me offering 10 keys, then 20, fucking idiot

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

July 27 - $400

Oh why.

edit: shit 3.2 gb worth of dota to download since I haven't updated it in like a year, my dreams of wallet funds are ruined!

edit2: lel I can just purchase chest.

edit3: fuck I can't open the chest in the steam inventory, guess I'll download this shit.

20. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester